County to fill Planning Commission seats; rural residents especially encouraged to apply

From: Ellen Rogalin, Clackamas County Department of Transportation & Development, 503-742-4274

Media and Interested Parties

Clackamas County is looking for people interested in serving on its Planning Commission.  There are two vacancies that need to be filled in spring 2018. To help ensure the Planning Commission represents the entire county, this year the need is especially for people to apply from rural and eastern areas of the county.

Applications can be completed online at or on a paper form that can be obtained from Public & Government Affairs at 503-655-8751 or in person on the fourth floor of the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City. 

All applications must be turned in by 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 13. 

The nine-member Planning Commission advises the Board of County Commissioners on land use applications and issues in accordance with the requirements of state law, the County Comprehensive Plan, Zoning & Development Ordinance, and Code.

Planning Commission members are appointed to four-year terms by the Board of Clackamas County Commissioners. Members do not need to be land use experts, but should be interested in engaging in discussions on countywide land use issues. Commission decisions and recommendations are made on the basis of requirements set forth in state law, the County Comprehensive Plan and county ordinances.

The Planning Commission conducts its business through public hearings and work sessions usually scheduled at 6:30 p.m. on second or fourth Mondays in the county's Development Services Building in Oregon City.  

For more information, members of the media and public may contact Darcy Renhard at or 503-742-4545.