Some businesses should take special care to learn about mpox. Some employees who provide personal services are at higher risk.
Bars, clubs and bathhouses
- Post, email out and share to social media our educational information.
- Please advise clientele of the health risks of mpox if they have close contact with others they meet in your business.
Personal services and hospitality
- Now would be a good time to talk to clients about any new rashes or sores. Don’t touch rashes, bumps or sores ungloved.
- If you have surfaces, sheets, towels, or other items that may come into contact with someone’s skin or rash, make sure your employees have personal protective equipment and establish clear disinfection practices. The CDC has information about PPE, cleaning and disinfection. When more vaccine becomes available, help your employees get information about how to get it.
- Stay tuned for guidance from Oregon OSHA about ensuring employee safety related to mpox.