Learn about garbage, recycling, and waste reduction for a sustainable home.
- Metro’s Find a Recycler
- Find your garbage and recycling company
- Transfer stations and recycling depots
- How to recycle
- Disposal of hazardous waste, medications, and medical sharps
- Yard debris service
- Services and rates
- Garbage and recycling assistance for property managers at multifamily communities
Prevent Wasted Food at Home
40% of the food grown in the US is never eaten. Take the Eat Smart, Waste Less Challenge with your household and make small changes in how you shop, prepare, and store food to waste less, save money, and conserve valuable resources. Discover useful tools at Love Food Hate Waste, and Save The Food.
Instead of throwing away broken items, get them fixed at a Repair Fair.
Use Safer Products in Your Home and Yard
Learn how to maintain, repair and improve your home, control pests, and care for your pets using less toxics.
Reuse and Donation
Buying and donating at second-hand and salvaged stores is a great way to save money and minimize waste. Below are a few of the resources convenient to Clackamas County.
- Building materials
- Art and creative supplies
- Electronics and computer-related items/parts
- School and office supplies
- Thrift stores
Other Ways to Live Sustainably