You play a very important role in your communities recycling and waste efforts. We are here to make it easy and assist you with each step in setting up and operating a successful recycling program.
- You set the tone by example.
- You encourage active participation.
- You distribute educational materials by offering materials we provide.
- You make financially and environmentally sound decisions for your community.
Complete the Resource Order Form to request free educational resources and assistance.
Receiving the most for your money:
- Up to 50% of materials the average person disposes of can be recycled, which is more cost effective than paying disposal costs.
- Empty space in a dumpster is expensive; there's no need to pay for half full dumpsters. Encourage residents to break down boxes and place them in recycling.
- Recycling and waste prevention are the most effective way to pay the least amount possible for waste collection services.
- Recycling service is included in the cost of garbage service, so recycle all you can because it's already covered.
- Promote reuse and alternatives for bulky items.
Basic steps to recycling success:
- Always place garbage and recycling containers together.
- Ensure you have two kinds of recycling containers in every enclosure.
- Mixed recycling (paper, metal, plastic bottles and tubs).
- Separate glass recycling.
- Place recycling containers at the mail centers and in other communal areas.
- Display quality signage in the recycling areas and decals on collection containers so your residents can see what should be recycled.
- Educate (free resources available)
- Explain your recycling program to new residents and identify the nearest recycling area to their unit.
- Provide residents with a Recycling Guide (English | Español (Spanish) | Русский (Russian) | tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) | 中文 (Simple Chinese)) and a reusable recycling bag to collect and transport recyclables.
- Remind residents on a regular basis about your community's recycling program through newsletters, emails, and posted flyers.
- Invite a Multifamily Waste Reduction Specialist to present at your tenant association meetings and community events.
- We have all these free resources for you. Order today!
For more information contact:
Clackamas County Multifamily Waste Reduction Specialist - Email us at email@example.com or call 503-557-6363
Garbage and recycling service provider - Can provide billing, route information or questions regarding your collection service. Find your hauler.