Yard Debris

Yard debris collection is included with regular residential garbage service in urban areas of the county. After it is picked up, it goes to yard debris recycling facilities for processing into compost. The finished compost is sold as mulch and as a soil amendment for yards, gardens and landscaping. Applying compost adds nutrients, reduces weeds and saves water.

YES, in curbside yard debris carts:
Weeds, grass clippings, leaves, flowers, other yard and garden vegetation, shrub and tree prunings - under 4" in diameter and 36" in length.

NO, in curbside yard debris carts:

Flower pots
- rigid plastic ones 4" across and larger go in your recycling, but no dirt please. Other kinds - find them a new home or find a recycler.

Wood, lumber, sod, stumps, logs, concrete, rocks, dirt - find a recycler.

Animal waste and cat litter go in the garbage.

Food scraps do not go into your curbside yard debris cart. They go in the garbage. However, you can compost fruit and vegetable scraps at in a compost bin or compost pile in your backyard.

Please, don't put these materials in your yard debris cart; they cause problems in the composting process.

Yard Debris and Wood Recycling Sites in Clackamas County

These facilities accept yard debris, untreated wood and other materials, for a fee. Most sell compost, bark and soil for your yard and garden.

Dan Davis Recycling Center, Operated by S&H, 503-655-1928
4001 Willamette Falls Drive, West Linn

McFarlane's Bark, 503-659-4240
13345 SE Johnson Road, Milwaukie

Metro South Transfer Station, 503-234-3000
2001 Washington St., Oregon City

S & H Landscaping Supplies, 503-638-1011
20200 SW Stafford Road, Tualatin
near the intersection of Stafford and Borland Roads.


150 Beavercreek Road Oregon City, OR 97045

Office Hours:

Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Se habla español

Related Events
Garbage and Recycling
Garbage and Recycling
Garbage and Recycling