Please reference CCSO Case #s 20-004331, 20-005103, 20-005230, 20-005244, 20-006681, 20-007400
DASH-CAM VIDEO OF APRIL 6 PURSUIT:
An April 6 pursuit and K9 track cracked open investigations of a crime spree involving two brothers -- leading to plea agreements that closed out several theft, burglary and meth cases.
APRIL 6, 2020: FACE-TO-FACE ON A NARROW ROAD
It started on April 6, 2020, when deputies had a busy morning -- with a wild pursuit and K9 track leading to two arrests in Rhododendron.
Around 11 a.m., a 911 caller told dispatch two men were breaking into a cabin. Surveillance cameras had captured the suspects committing the burglary.
One of our deputies and an Oregon State Police trooper were nearby.
The deputy and OSP trooper were soon joined by additional deputies -- including a K9 team.
As authorities drove down Road 35 toward the cabin, they came nose-to-nose with the suspects in a Subaru, leaving the crime scene on the same road -- and heading right toward arriving patrol cars.
As one of our deputies stepped out of a CCSO truck to approach the Subaru, the suspects threw it into reverse and fled. A brief low-speed chase ensued, with the suspects driving in reverse down Road 35.
The suspects left the roadway -- possibly in an attempt to turn around -- and were pinned by the deputy's truck.
Dash-cam video of this pursuit can be downloaded from this Dropbox address:
The suspects then bailed out, fleeing across Highway 26 on foot into the forest. Now joined by USFS law enforcement, responding CCSO and OSP personnel continued the pursuit.
Our own K9 Urban tracked down both suspects within an hour.
Arrested were Aaron Edward Dean Neace, 29, of Beavercreek, and Clayton James Neace, 27, of Wood Village.
Authorities found stolen property from the cabin, meth, and a pellet gun in the suspect vehicle.
These arrests proved to be the tip of an iceberg of local crimes.
It would quickly emerge that Aaron Neace was suspected in multiple incidents of theft, burglary, criminal mischief, and meth possession and distribution. Deputies working with local authorities including Molalla PD have recovered vehicles including a stolen John Deere tractor (CCSO Case # 20-04331), multiple Subarus (CCSO Case # 005230), and a moped (CCSO Case # 20-005103) -- all crimes believed to involve one or more Neace brothers.
As these investigations snowballed, guilty pleas for both suspects came quickly. The results:
AARON NEACE PLEADS GUILTY, GETS 80 MONTHS IN STATE PRISON
On May 8, 2020, the Clackamas County DA reached a global plea agreement with Aaron Neace on the following cases, with a total sentence of 80 months in state prison. He must also pay restitution to his victims.
20CR20462 – Burglary on Mt. Hood (the April 6 incident)
- LE Cases: CCSO #20-007400
- Charges: Burglary 1, Theft 1, Attempt Elude Vehicle, Attempt Elude Foot, Distribution of a Controlled Substance -- Meth (SQ), Possession of a Controlled Substance -- Meth (SQ)
- Pled Guilty: Burglary 1, Distribution of a Controlled Substance -- Meth
20CR23024 – Multiple stolen vehicles
- LE Cases: CCSO #20-006681
- Charges: Unlawful Use of a Vehicle (3 counts), Possession of a Stolen Motor Vehicle (3 counts), Distribution of a Controlled Substance -- Meth, Possession of a Controlled Substance -- Meth, Criminal Mischief 2
- Pled Guilty: PSMV (3 counts), Distribution of a Controlled Substance -- Meth
20CR23022 – Multiple stolen vehicles
- LE Cases: CCSO #20-004331, CCSO #20-005103, CCSO #20-005230, CCSO #20-005244
- Charges: Unlawful Use of a Vehicle (4 counts), ), Possession of a Stolen Motor Vehicle (4 counts), Aggravated Theft 1
- Pled Guilty: PSMV x3, Aggravated Theft 1
Aaron and his wife, Tiffany Bailey, may face additional charges. They are listed as suspects in crimes that occurred in Hood River County.
CLAYTON NEACE PLEADS GUILTY, GETS 29 MONTHS IN STATE PRISON
On April 29, 2020, the Clackamas County DA reached a plea agreement with Clayton Neace on the following case, with a total sentence of 29 months in state prison. He must also pay restitution to his victims.
20CR20457 – Burglary on Mt. Hood (the April 6 incident)
- LE Cases: CCSO #20-007400
- Charges: Burglary 1, Theft 1, IPO, Distribution of a Controlled Substance -- Meth (SQ), Possession of a Controlled Substance -- Meth (SQ)
- Pled Guilty: Burglary 1, Theft 1
Booking photos of Aaron Edward Dean Neace and Clayton James Neace are attached, along with photos from the April 6 pursuit (and photos of K9 Urban). More photos can be found at https://flashalert.net/id/CCSO/134677
Sgt. Marcus Mendoza
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Unit