The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office has set up four manned security roadblocks to enhance firefighter and public safety in areas of the county impacted by the current wildfires.
Effective immediately, these roadblocks are in operation at:
- South Elwood Road at Hwy. 211;
- South Shibley Road at Hwy. 211;
- Hwy. 211 at Hwy. 224;
- and Hwy. 224 east of Fall Creek.
Law enforcement will not allow access through these roadblocks unless the person requesting entrance:
- Lives within the blocked area;
- Is assisting a person who lives in the blocked area; or
- Has another reasonable explanation for entering the area.
Law enforcement will also advise those entering the area to drive slowly as they enter an active fire scene with fire personnel in roadways and on private property.
Sgt. Marcus Mendoza
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Unit