Clackamas County Jail: Frequently Asked Questions

Q: An inmate is being arraigned; what time will that occur?

A: Normally, those lodged in the Clackamas County Jail will appear in Clackamas County Circuit Court via video arraignment at 3:00pm and those not lodged in the jail and ordered to appear in front of a judge will have arraignments at 1:30 pm.

Q: An inmate was released at court what time could I expect them to be released from the jail?

A: Depending on caseload and receiving all the necessary paperwork from the court, an inmate released at arraignment can expect to leave the jail between 7 pm and 9 pm.

Q: I do not know who my appointed attorney is; how do I find out who my attorney is?

A:  Contact Clackamas Indigent Defense Corporation at or call at 503-722-4000.

Q: How do I contact the parole and probation officer of an inmate?

A: Parole and probation functions are separate from the jail. For questions concerning parole and probation you can call (503) 655-8603.

Q: Does an inmate need money to purchase hygiene items?

A: No; the jail supplies all hygiene items. It is the policy of the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office to require inmate hygiene in the facility by encouraging personal hygiene among inmates, issuing personal hygiene material, providing for proper hygiene in the facility and by proper disposal of all waste materials. Each inmate is supplied hygiene items such as soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, clean linen, toiletries and razors.

Q: Where is the Clackamas County Courthouse and phone number?

A: The Clackamas County Courthouse is located at 807 Main Street, Oregon City, Oregon  97045. The following is a list of phone numbers for state court services in Clackamas County. All numbers are area code (503):

  • Divorces - 655-8447
  • Small Claims - 655-8447
  • Traffic Information - 655-8453
  • All other cases - 655-8447
  • Criminal case information - 650-3036
  • Jury information line - 655-8389
  • Trial Court Administrator - 655-8670
  • Clackamas County District Attorney - 655-8431

 Q: I think I have a warrant, who do I talk to?

A: To check for warrants and information on turning yourself in call the Warrant Line at (503) 722-6691.

Q: Can I give a message to an inmate?

A:  Yes; you can leave a voicemail message for about the price of a local phone call. Call (866) 516-0115 and follow the automated instructions. The Clackamas County Jail staff do not relay messages for inmates either in writing or by directing/connecting telephone calls. To communicate with an inmate you can either leave a message as outlined above, send a letter via the U.S. postal service or wait for an inmate to contact you by telephone.
Q: How do I get to the Clackamas County Jail?

A: The Clackamas County Jail is located on 2206 Kaen Road in Oregon City. [ map ]

  • From I-205 take Exit 10 -the Park Place/ Molalla exit;
  • travel South on Highway 213;
  • turn right on third traffic signal which is Beavercreek Road; and then
  • travel West to Kaen Road and then follow the signs to the Clackamas County Jail.  

Q: What type of healthcare does the jail provide for inmates?

A: The Clackamas County Jail has a staffed medical department which the inmates have access. When the screening, the examination, and/or the diagnosis of an inmate medical issue is completed and a need for health care is revealed, a treatment plan will be developed, recorded and initiated. All inmate health care at the jail is delivered by qualified health care professionals who are required to meet the same certifications and licensure requirements as do health care professionals who provide services to persons not incarcerated.  The jail has registered nurses, staffing the medical clinic, twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, who are certified and licensed in the State of Oregon.  

Q: Are inmates charged for healthcare services?

A: Yes; a co-pay is charged for inmate initiated medical services both within and without the jail clinic. Inmates shall accept financial responsibility for health care while in custody of the Clackamas County Jail. However, no inmate will ever be denied emergency medical treatment or health care needs for serious medical issues based on ability to pay. Co-pays are determined by jail administration and subject to change.

Q: Can I get information concerning an inmate's medical problems?

A: No; it is the policy of the Clackamas County Jail that all information pertaining to an inmate's healthcare is kept confidential due to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations. Healthcare records are limited to the following:

  • jail medical personnel;
  • other jail personnel to the extent that the information is needed for the staff member to properly complete required duties;
  • persons for whom a release of information affidavit has been obtained from the inmate;
  • compliance with discovery requirements in preparing to defend inmate-filed litigation; and
  • other circumstances consistent with Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) requirements.

Q: An inmate has been sentenced to enter and complete work release where do I find information about work release?

A: Work release is a separate function and ran independently from the jail. To contact work release call (503) 655-8262 or visit their website.