- Bike Patrol in action at Clackamas Town Center: [ 1 ] [ 2 ]
- Sheriff's Posse on patrol: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]
Last week, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Posse kicked off its annual holiday-season presence on horseback patrol in the Clackamas Town Center parking lot.
This time around, they're joined by enhanced Sheriff's Office bicycle patrols.
This will be the 17th year the Posse has worked with the Town Center to welcome shoppers and provide a striking holiday presence -- and the Bike Patrol's first.
Early reports on the enhanced Town Center patrols are encouraging. "After a weekend of increased patrols, I'm happy to report there were no reported vehicle break-ins during the enhanced service time," said Sgt. Bradley O'Neil in a Nov. 30 email. "We did not catch anyone breaking into or even attempting to break into cars. A lot of that has to do with the high visibility of the increased Town Center security, mounted posse and CCSO Bike patrol."
The Posse encourages the public to come meet our four-legged partners during this holiday season. The Posse will stage their trucks and trailers in the south lot of the Town Center, just south of Sears.
Photos of the Posse and Bike Patrol are attached.
The Sheriff's Office reminds shoppers to lock their car doors and keep valuables stowed away and out of sight while away from their vehicles.
Media inquiries should be directed to Jessica Curtis at Clackamas Town Center.
ABOUT THE SHERIFF'S POSSE:
The Sheriff's Posse -- founded in 1939 by Clackamas County citizens -- is an all-volunteer organization that serves the Sheriff's Office and the county in several ways:
- The Posse perpetuates interest in Western horsemanship, as well as customs and traditions from the early days of the State of Oregon.
- The Posse participates in search-and-rescue missions as requested.
- The Posse provides mounted patrols as needed, as well as support for special events.
- The Posse also participates in several charitable causes.
For more information on the Posse, click here.
Sergeant Nathan Thompson
Office of Public Information
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office
[ END ]