Sheriff's Office, community partners cleaning up nuisance home today; here's how neighbors can get help

News Release from: Clackamas Co. Sheriff's Office

Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2015, 9:14 a.m.


Photos: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ]

Nuiscance house trash pileStarting at 8 a.m. this morning (Thursday, Oct. 29, 2015) there will be a major clean-up at a home that has come to the attention of the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office nuisance program. Photos of the site are linked above.

Several agencies within Clackamas County that have been instrumental in making this cleanup happen -- including the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office, Clackamas County Code Enforcement, Oak Lodge Sanitary District, county counsel and local neighbors, all backed by the Clackamas County Commissioners. These community partners will be working together today -- using a backhoe, debris dumpsters and other methods to clean up the problem house, located at 14611 SE. Cedar Ave. in Milwaukie.

Sheriff's Office representatives will be on-hand to talk to media outlets as needed.

This residence and many others in Clackamas County have been identified as major nuisances for local neighbors. Many of these homes are bank-owned foreclosed homes that transients have illegally entered, destroying the exteriors and interiors.

In many cases -- include this one -- criminal behavior, solid waste issues and a plethora of other problems affect the livability for surrounding neighbors.

The Sheriff's Office and Clackamas County Code Enforcement are working hard to identify and deal with these problem situations. We are currently working on a list of other problem residences so community partners, banks and homeowners can work together to improve living conditions within the surrounding neighborhoods.


If you have a problem residence in your neighborhood -- where there is excessive solid waste, criminal-type behavior and/or other issues that could fall under the Clackamas County Nuisance Ordinance -- we like to hear from you. (Not all reported homes will fall into the nuisance ordinance, and may be better referred to Clackamas County Code Enforcement.) If you have questions, you can call your local law- or code-enforcement agency to see what programs they offer. Clackamas County residents can call the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office at 503-785-5000 or Clackamas County Code Enforcement at 503-742-4452.

To learn more about Clackamas County's code pertaining to chronic nuisances, click here.


News-release archive

Contact Info:
Deputy Mark Nikolai
Office of Public Information
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office