News Release from: Clackamas Co. Sheriff's Office
Posted: Feb. 9, 2017, 2:24 p.m.
The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office Public Safety Training Center will teach you to "Refuse To Be A Victim" at a special class on Saturday, March 25 from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
The single most important step toward ensuring your own safety is having a personal safety strategy in place before you need it. "Refuse To Be A Victim" is designed to teach that mindset. It is NOT a firearms class. It's a seminar with discussions that will help you improve your personal safety strategies and provide you with valuable information you can apply to every area of your life.
Topics covered in the two-and-a-half hour session will include:
- Mental preparedness
- How to make your home more secure
- Improving your physical security in various environments
- Safety precautions when driving
- Safeguarding yourself and items when traveling
- What to consider when choosing physical self-defense training
- Personal protection devices
- Workplace safety
- Safety for college students
Cost for the class is $35. Registration is required. To sign up, call 503-794-8023.
A flyer for the class is attached.
Sergeant Brian Jensen
Office of Public Information
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office