News Release from: Clackamas Co. Sheriff's Office
- K9 Spencer: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ]
- Booking photo: Austin J. Kollas
- Booking photo: Timothy C. Elmore
- Booking photo: Lonnette M. Denison
How much can you accomplish in 90 minutes?
On Sunday morning, March 19, 2017, our K9 Spencer had his own answer to that question: He captured three suspects inside an hour and a half -- a rare K9 hat-trick.
- It started at 10:20 a.m., when Spencer tracked down and captured a stolen-vehicle suspect -- Austin J. Kollas, a 21-year-old transient -- in the area of 12000 SE 82nd Ave. in Clackamas. After a short vehicle and then foot pursuit, Kollas was captured while trying to run from deputies near the Winco parking lot. Kollas' complete arrest info is here.
- Then, at 11:35 a.m., Spencer located Timothy C. Elmore, a 41-year-old transient wanted on parole-violation charges who was hiding from Gladstone PD officers in the vicinity of 19575 River Rd. in Gladstone. Elmore thought he could hide in a trailer -- but Spencer found him. Elmore's complete arrest info is here.
- Just nine minutes later, at 11:44 a.m., Spencer tracked down and captured Lonnette M. Denison, 36, of Oregon City, who had valid warrants for her arrest on charges ranging from Theft to Possession of a Controlled Substance -- Methamphetamine. She ran from an apartment in Gladstone and attempted to hide in a thick holly bush, but Spencer was able to locate her. Denison's complete arrest info is here.
Spencer is a 9-year-old Dutch Shepherd who has been on the force for approximately 6 years, serving with his handler Sgt. Don Boone.
"It's a rare feat for a Sheriff's Office K9 to get that number of captures in such a short time frame," said Sgt. Boone. Boone should know -- he's been a K9 handler for approximately 20 years. "For Spencer and I, that was a new record -- three in 90 minutes."
Photos of K9 Spencer and the arrested suspects are linked above.
Sergeant Brian Jensen
Office of Public Information
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office