Clackamas County Volunteer Connection is a vital link for volunteer engagement. We lead the community in volunteer activities which assist seniors, people with disabilities and residents lacking resources and in need of social services. Staff and volunteers work together to foster opportunities for residents to access services so residents can live healthier, more socially connected lives and continue to live independently. Our volunteers are critical in delivering and providing supplementary services to Clackamas County residents.
To get involved, call 503-650-5796.
Learn more about our Volunteer Connection with Food Share Distribution - Gleaners:
Events and Workshops
Clackamas County offers “Living Well with Chronic Conditions,” a six-week workshop (check event calendar for current course dates and times). Participants will discover “tools” that can improve one’s health and outlook on life. Free workshops are facilitated in small groups (6 - 8 adults) for 2 ½ hours each week over 6 weeks via Zoom.
Learn more at 503-650-5777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Living Well workshops are fun and interactive. Participants will experience ways to:
- Use positive thinking, breathing and relaxation techniques
- Deal with depression, anger, fear and frustration
- Learn methods to help deal with fatigue, pain, and stress
- Develop healthy eating habits and food choices;
- Discover appropriate physical activity for maintaining and increasing strength and endurance
- Communicate effectively with others
- Receive tips about medication usage and working with your healthcare team
- Brainstorm solutions to challenges and barriers
- Utilize problem-solving and decision making techniques
- Develop attainable weekly action plans
Clackamas County offers “Living Well with Diabetes,” a six-week workshop (check event calendar for current course dates and times). Participants will discover “tools” that can improve one’s health and outlook on life. Free workshops are facilitated in small groups (6 - 8 adults) for 2½ hours each week over 6 weeks via Zoom. Participants learn self-management techniques to fight fatigue, problem solve, make decisions and reduce stress. Additional topics include action planning, relaxation techniques, healthy food choices, meal planning, physical activity, foot care, and monitoring blood sugar, managing hyper/hypoglycemia and helpful ways to communicate.
Learn more at 503-650-5777 or email email@example.com