Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get information about my tax assessment or my tax bill from the Treasurer's office?
No, all assessment and taxation questions should be addressed to the County Assessor, 503 655-8671.

Where do I get information about foreclosed property sales and sheriff auctions?
Information about tax foreclosed property sales and surplus property auctions is available from Property Resources, 503-742-4384. Clackamas County does not sell mortgage foreclosed property.

Mortgage foreclosures are being sold by the assigned Trustee. If you have the property address call the Assessor's office, 503-655-8671, to get the property owner's name. To get information about any recorded documents regarding a possible Trust Deed Sale (you will need the property owner's name) call the Clerk's office, 503-655-8698.

Where do you keep all the money? How much cash do you keep on hand?
The Treasurer's office keeps no cash resources on hand. All cash is held by depository agencies in the form of checking and savings accounts, the State Treasurer in the form of Local Government Investment Pool shares, or in individual investment vehicles.