The DAV National Service Office in Portland has obtained drafts (checks) to be sent out to veterans/surviving spouses that have been impacted by the wildfires in Oregon. The drafts are up to $1,000 per household, regardless if it’s a multiple veteran household.
To receive a draft, please have the participant follow these steps:
- Email email@example.com and state WILDFIRE RELIEF in the subject line.
- Provide full name of the veteran/surviving spouse.
- The address that has been affected.
- An address you can receive the draft at.
- Your phone number and/or email address.
- Proof of veteran status. Various things will work for this, the veteran DOES NOT need to be in receipt of any VA benefits. Examples: DDF 214, VA rating sheet, driver’s license with “veteran” annotation, etc.
- Are you requesting for food and clothing only OR did you have to evacuate/pay for lodging? Please include as much proof/verification to make this as easy as possible.