Mark your calendars! The 20th annual Child Abuse & Family Violence Summit is set for
April 16-19, 2019!
The Child Abuse and Family Violence Summit is a three-and-a-half day, multi-disciplinary conference for professionals working in the areas of investigations, interviewing, assessment, prosecution, and treatment of child abuse, neglect and domestic violence.
The Summit is hosted by the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office Child Abuse Team and the Domestic Violence Enhanced Response Team (DVERT). The Summit’s goal is to educate professionals on the complex issues associated with child abuse and family violence, to broaden each professional’s knowledge base in multiple areas, and to increase understanding of the other agencies’ roles and responsibilities.
Space is limited — register early. Fee includes:
- Name Badge
Name badges are required to enter all sessions and the conference area.
- All workshops
- Conference Notebook with conference materials
- Continental breakfast each day
|$465||Early Bird rate! 4-Day Individual Registration
Postmarked or registered online by March 15, 2019
|$525||4-Day Individual Registration|
Per person for a group of 5 or more from the same agency.
Postmarked or registered online by March 22, 2019
|$220||1-Day Individual Registration|
|$125||Exhibitor Rate (non-profit)|
|$250||Exhibitor Rate (for-profit)|
- No registrations accepted after 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2019.
- No registrations at the door.
- Transfer of registration fees to another person may be done without penalty at any time upon submitting the Replacement Registration Form to the Registration Coordinator.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent by email upon receipt of payment.
- Please bring a copy of your email confirmation to the Summit.
- Request for refunds must be received in writing no later than Friday, April 12, 2019.
- A service fee of $75 will be charged for all cancellations received by April 12, 2019.
- Refunds will not be made for cancellations requested or postmarked after April 12, 2019 or for participants who register but do not attend. No exception to this policy can be considered — our funds are fully committed to production of the conference.
- All refunds will be mailed after the conclusion of the conference.
Continuing Education Credit/Units
Applications are being submitted to accrediting boards and organizations for review and approval for the following:
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- National Association of Social Workers
- Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) credit
- Oregon State Bar minimum continuing education credit
- Continuing Education Units from Clackamas Community College, Spring Term
- Physicians: A certificate of attendance will be provided and may be submitted for category 2 credits. Each physician should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Plan to stop by the Continuing Education table at the Summit to sign up for your profession’s appropriate credits.
Or 1-800-RED LION (1-800-733-5466)
Parking is FREE at the conference center.
Red Lion Hotel On The River
Located on the south bank of the scenic Columbia River, the Red Lion Hotel on the River is conveniently located just off I-5, only 10 minutes from downtown Portland and 12 minutes from Portland International Airport. Vancouver, Washington is just across the Interstate Bridge.
This is the only full service, resort-like hotel in the North Portland/Delta Park area.
The Jantzen Beach Supercenter Mall features over 30 stores and restaurants.
Reserve your room early! A limited number of conference-rate rooms have been reserved for conference participants on a first-come, first-served basis until March 24, 2019.
Conference Hotel Rate (until March 24, 2019):
- Standard room: $151 per night + tax
If making your reservation by phone, call the hotel at 503-283-4466 or 1-800-RED-LION (1-800-733-5466) and ask for the Child Abuse Summit 2019 conference rate.
Overflow Hotel: Oxford Suites on Jantzen Beach
Call for best available rate or government per diem rates
Directions to Conference
From I-5 North- or Southbound: Take exit #308 (Jantzen Beach exit). The hotel is located on the east side of the freeway.
Portland International Airport (PDX) is served by 14 major airlines and is just minutes from the conference site.
Directions if driving from airport:
- Take Airport Way east to I-205 North toward Seattle.
- Take I-205 north.
- Take Highway 14 West to Vancouver.
- Take I-5 South into Oregon, and the 1st exit over the Interstate Bridge (Exit #308).
- Turn right and go under the bridge.
- Driving distance from airport is 12 miles west.