Mark your calendars! The 21st annual Child Abuse & Family Violence Summit is set for
April 21-24, 2020!
2019 conference info is below. Check back soon for 2020 updates.
The Child Abuse and Family Violence Summit is a three-and-a-half day, multi-disciplinary conference for professionals working in the areas of investigations, interviewing, assessment, prosecution, and treatment of child abuse, neglect and domestic violence.
The Summit is hosted by the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office Child Abuse Team and the Domestic Violence Enhanced Response Team (DVERT). The Summit’s goal is to educate professionals on the complex issues associated with child abuse and family violence, to broaden each professional’s knowledge base in multiple areas, and to increase understanding of the other agencies’ roles and responsibilities.
NEW! Conference Notebook
Conference-at-a-Glance -- your quick index of classes, room assignments and instructors.
Get Involved in the 2020 Summit
Last Year's Schedule and Events
Space is limited — register early. Fee includes:
- Name Badge
Name badges are required to enter all sessions and the conference area.
- All workshops
- Conference Notebook with conference materials
- Continental breakfast each day
|$465||Early Bird rate! 3-½ day Individual Registration
Register by March 15, 2020
|$550||3-½ day Individual Registration|
|$220||1-Day Individual Registration|
|$125||Exhibitor Rate (non-profit)|
|$250||Exhibitor Rate (for-profit)|
- No registrations accepted after 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
- No registrations at the door.
- Transfer of registration within your agency may be done by 11:59 on Wednesday, April 15, 2020 without penalty by contacting the Registration Coordinator at email@example.com.
- 3-½ day Individual Registration may not be shared during the week.
- Confirmation of registration will be sent by email upon receipt of payment.
- Request for refunds must be received in writing no later than Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
- Refunds will not be made for cancellations requested after Wednesday, April 15, 2020 or for participants who register but do not attend. No exception to this policy can be considered — our funds are fully committed to production of the conference.
- A service fee of $75 will be charged for all cancellations received between Monday, March 16, 2020 and Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
Or 1-800-RED LION (1-800-733-5466)
Parking is FREE at the conference center.
Red Lion Hotel On The River
Located on the south bank of the scenic Columbia River, the Red Lion Hotel on the River is conveniently located just off I-5, only 10 minutes from downtown Portland and 12 minutes from Portland International Airport. Vancouver, Washington is just across the Interstate Bridge.
This is the only full service, resort-like hotel in the North Portland/Delta Park area.
The Jantzen Beach Supercenter Mall features over 30 stores and restaurants.
A limited number of conference-rate rooms have been reserved for conference participants on a first-come, first-served basis until March 24, 2019.
Conference Hotel Rate (until March 24, 2019):
- Standard room: $151 per night + tax
If making your reservation by phone, call the hotel at 503-283-4466 or 1-800-RED-LION (1-800-733-5466) and ask for the Child Abuse Summit 2019 conference rate.
Residence Inn by Marriott Portland North
1250 N Anchor Way
Portland OR 97217
To access Summit room blocks: Call 503-285-9888 ext. 1, use reference name Danielle Hepler [firstname.lastname@example.org], then give your own info
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Portland North
1200 N Anchor Way
Portland OR 97217
To access Summit room blocks: Call 503-286-6336 x1, use reference name Danielle Hepler [email@example.com], then give your own info
Directions to Conference
From I-5 North- or Southbound: Take exit #308 (Jantzen Beach exit). The hotel is located on the east side of the freeway.
Portland International Airport (PDX) is served by 14 major airlines and is just minutes from the conference site.
Directions if driving from airport:
- Take Airport Way east to I-205 North toward Seattle.
- Take I-205 north.
- Take Highway 14 West to Vancouver.
- Take I-5 South into Oregon, and the 1st exit over the Interstate Bridge (Exit #308).
- Turn right and go under the bridge.
- Driving distance from airport is 12 miles west.
Continuing Education Credits/Units
Applications are being submitted to accrediting boards and organizations for review and approval for the following:
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- National Association of Social Workers
- Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) credit
- Oregon State Bar minimum continuing education credit
- Continuing Education Units from Clackamas Community College, Spring Term
- Physicians: A certificate of attendance will be provided and may be submitted for category 2 credits. Each physician should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Plan to stop by the Continuing Education table at the Summit to sign up for your profession’s appropriate credits.