North Clackamas Revitalization Area
NCRA Facts and Figures
Year Formed: 2006
Area: Approximately 1,008 acres in unincorporated Clackamas County between Milwaukie and Happy Valley basically bounded by the Clackamas/Multnomah County line on the north, Milwaukie city limits on the west, Monroe Street on the south and 82nd Avenue/Interstate 205 on the east. (see map).
Assessed Value: $470 million, up from $398 million in 2006
Overview: The established neighborhoods in the NCRA are among the more affordable places to live in the County, but there are long-term infrastructure problems that need to be resolved. The plan includes projects in a number of areas to improve the livability of the area, including:
- public utilities;
- public parks and open spaces;
- public buildings and facilities;
- street, curb and sidewalk improvements;
- streetscape and neighborhood beautification;
- preservation and rehabilitation of housing and commercial property, and
- development and redevelopment of housing and commercial property.
- July 2005 - The Clackamas County Board of Commissioners directs Development Agency staff to proceed with the proposed committee membership, process and timetable for establishing an urban renewal district in the Overland Park area.
- July 2005 - The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and Urban Renewal Plan Formation Citizen Advisory Committee (URPFCAC) begin meeting
- August 2005 - Committees begin soliciting public input on the proposed new area.
- November 9, 2005 - Open House
- November 21, 2005 - Planning Commission Hearing
- December 1, 2005 - 1st Board of County Commissioners Hearing on plan adoption
- February 28, 2006 - Open House
- March 22, 2006 - Open House
- April 27, 2006 - 2nd Board of County Commissioners Hearing and action on plan adoption
- May 25, 2006 – Plan adoption approved by the Board of County Commissioners
- August 23, 2006 – Effective date for plan to begin
- January 30, 2007 – Board of County Commissioners gives approval for Water Environment Service (WES) to work with the Development Agency and neighboring jurisdictions to develop a plan to provide sanitary sewer service to the entire area within the NCRA
Housing Rehab & Homebuyer Assistance Programs
- Clackamas County Community Development
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- NCRA Sanitary Sewers
For more information, contact Ken Itel at email@example.com or 503-742-4324.