The Clackamas County Jail releases an inmate’s property to a third party as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The inmate must approve and sign for the release of all requested property. The person requesting the property must come to the front lobby of the Clackamas County Jail (2206 Kaen Road, Oregon City, OR 97045) [ map ] and request an “Inmate Property Release.” Citizens wishing to receive an inmate’s property will have to come to the Clackamas County Jail with photo ID to complete the appropriate paperwork.
The Jail employee working the front lobby area will fill out and complete an inmate property release form with the following information:
- The name and booking number of the inmate releasing the property;
- the name of the person requesting the property; and
- the address and phone number of the person requesting the property.
HOURS OF RELEASE
To facilitate feeding and other jail functions, a housed inmate’s property can only be released between the hours of:
8 a.m. and 11 a.m.;
1 p.m. and 5 p.m.; and
7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
A new arrestee’s property can be released at any time.
PROPERTY RELEASE OPTIONS
Citizens receiving property have three options:
- Release all property except clothing.
- Release a cash amount from the inmate's account.
- Release jail-cell property -- including excess books, photos, paperwork and commissary.
Money released from an inmate’s account may not be deposited in another inmate’s account.
Money released from an inmate’s account will be issued to the citizen as a check, not cash.
The Clackamas County Jail will not accept
any property over the counter for inmates.*
*The only exception is court clothes, requested by a judge, for inmates attending court.
Share this page