"We Ride to Serve."
[NOTE: The Posse also maintains a website here.]
The Sheriff's Posse -- founded in 1939 by Clackamas County citizens -- is an all-volunteer organization that serves the Sheriff's Office and the county in several ways:
• The Posse perpetuates interest in Western horsemanship, as well as customs and traditions from the early days of the State of Oregon.
• The Posse participates in search-and-rescue missions as requested.
• The Posse provides mounted patrols as needed, as well as support for special events.
• The Posse also participates in several charitable causes and community activities. (More details below.)
Want to join the Posse?
Capable riders who own a horse, have transportation for the horse and have a strong interest in community service are invited to apply for Posse membership. Applicants must be 21 and older, be U.S. citizens and residents of Clackamas County or an adjoining county, and must pass a criminal background check.
For more information contact Sgt. Sean Collinson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on the Sheriff's Posse:
"Pride of the Posse" (link to be restored soon) -- an interview with senior Posse member Vern Hulit, who has given the organization five decades of service and horsemanship.
Events in which the Sheriff's Posse participates:
• Clackamas County Sheriff's Posse (CCSP) banquet
• 4-H "play day"
• Oregon Association of Mounted Posses (OAMP) Convention, for members and family
• CCSP BBQ for members and family
• CCSP Poker Ride
• Oregon Association of Mounted Posses (OAMP) search-and-rescue training campout
• OAMP pistol-shoot competition and campout
• OAMP state trail ride and campout for members and family
• OAMP SHOEDO campout for members only; features judged classes on horsemanship and a wide variety of gaming events
• Northwest SARCon -- the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office's search-and-rescue conference, held at The Resort at the Mountain in Welches. Instructors and attendees converge from across the country. Attendance is optional; conference cost may be paid by Posse members, depending on finances
• CCSP ice-cream social
• Distribution of Youth Guidance Association "Light Up a Life" donations
Other Sheriff's Posse projects:
• 4-H Tack Sale at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds in Canby -- parking assistance
• Clackamas Town Center -- parking and security assistance
• Molalla Buckeroo -- providing rodeo-grounds security
• Rose Festival Parade -- leading preparation clinic for equestrian participants
• Participation in "National Night Out" events
• Clackamas County Sheriff's Office mock search training
Share this page