Northwest SARCon is a search-and-rescue conference for emergency responders and their supervisors. Attendees include sheriff’s deputies, SAR team members and volunteers, police officers, firefighters and military and medical personnel. Participants receive hands-on training and participate in discussions on topics related to every aspect of search-and-rescue missions.
• More than 40 expert instructors leading over 50 sessions.
• Seven unique training tracks -- including SAR Management, Wilderness Survival, Wilderness Medicine, Technology, Water Rescue, K9, and Advance SAR.
• Over 25 field sessions -- including 4x4 vehicle and advanced off-road operations, shallow water crossing, patient packaging, mantracking, map and compass, and four-day trailing, human remains detection and air scent course for K9 teams.
• Plus vendors, networking opportunities and more!
(Above: posters created for the 2011 conference by Paul Lanquist. These posters will be for sale for $20 each by calling 503-557-5827.)
• Clackamas County's Barton Park is located a short distance from the Trestle Glen facility. The Barton Park "East" campground will be open during the conference. The campground is designed for RV camping, but some sites can accommodate tent camping. Overnight camping fees are $21/night, plus an additional $8 transaction fee. Advanced reservations are recommended as spaces are limited. You may reserve online at reservations.clackamas.us (find Barton East under the Camping/RV tab) or you may call in to the Main County Parks Office at 503-742-4414. For participants in the Search & Rescue Training, special permission is given to allow tents in Barton East campground.
• Hampton Inn (9040 SE Adams, Clackamas, Oregon 97015; 503-655-7900) -- located 10.1 miles/18 minutes from Camp Kuratli. Please ask for special NW SARCon rates.