The 16th annual Summit is set for
April 21-14, 2015!
More info and online registration coming soon!
NOTE: Check the class schedule (linked at right) for the latest updates.
2014 SUMMIT INFO (2015 UPDATES COMING SOON)
The Child Abuse and Family Violence Summit is a three-and-a-half day, multi-disciplinary conference for professionals working in the areas of investigations, interviewing, assessment, prosecution, and treatment of child abuse, neglect and domestic violence.
The Summit, as it has become known over its 15-year history, is hosted by the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office Child Abuse Team and the Domestic Violence Enhanced Response Team (DVERT). The Summit’s goal is to educate professionals on the complex issues associated with child abuse and family violence, to broaden each professional’s knowledge base in multiple areas, and to increase understanding of the other agencies’ roles and responsibilities.
Our theme, The Power of One in Collaboration with Others, continues throughout the Summit as we learn new ways to work together to protect and make each child safe in our communities.
Registration is limited. Early registration is strongly encouraged. Fee includes all workshops, continental breakfast each day, refreshment breaks, and one conference notebook and USB thumb drive.
No registrations accepted after Friday, April 19, 2014. No registrations at the door. Transfer of registration fees to another person may be done without penalty at any time upon submitting the Replacement Registration Form (PDF format; coming soon) to the Registration Coordinator.
- $375 for a group of 5 or more from the same agency (postmarked or registered online by March 21, 2014)
- $395 for early individual registration (postmarked or registered online by March 14, 2014)
- $450 for regular individual registration (postmarked or registered online between March 15 and April 4, 2014)
- $495 for late individual registration (postmarked or registered online between April 5 and April 18, 2014)
- $195 for individual one-day registration (postmarked or registered online by April 18, 2014).
- $15 purchase order fee (No P.O. Fee for Clackamas County agencies)
Confirmation of registration will be sent by email upon receipt of payment. Please bring a copy of your email confirmation to the Summit.
Request for refunds must be received in writing no later than Friday, April 18, 2014. A service fee of $75 will be charged for all cancellations received by April 18, 2014. Refunds will not be made for cancellations requested or postmarked after April 18, 2014 or for participants who register but do not attend. No exception to this policy can be considered as our funds are fully committed to the production of the conference. All refunds will be mailed after the conclusion of the conference.
Name badges will be required to enter all sessions and the conference area.
One conference notebook and one USB with conference meterials will be given per registration fee.
Continuing Education Credit/Units
Applications are being submitted to accrediting boards and organizations for review and approval for the following:
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- National Association of Social Workers
- Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) credit
- Oregon State Bar minimum continuing education credit
- Continuing Education Units from Clackamas Community College, Spring Term
- Physicians: A certificate of attendance will be provided and may be submitted for category 2 credits. Each physician should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Plan to stop by the Continuing Education table at the Summit to sign up for your profession’s appropriate credits.
The 15th annual Child Abuse and Family Violence Summit will be held at the:
Parking is FREE at the conference center.
Located on the south bank of the scenic Columbia River, the Red Lion Hotel on the River is conveniently located just off I-5, only 10 minutes from downtown Portland and 12 minutes from Portland International Airport. Vancouver, Washington is just across the Interstate Bridge. This is the only full service, resort-like hotel in the North Portland/Delta Park area. The Jantzen Beach Supercenter Mall features 32 stores and over 10 restaurants.
To make your hotel reservation online at the Summit conference rate, click here. If making your reservation by phone, call the hotel at 503.283.4466 or 1.800 RED LION (1.800.733.5466) and ask for the Child Abuse Summit 2014 conference rate.
or 1.800 RED LION (1.800.733.5466)
Conference Hotel Rate
- Standard room $119 (+12.5% hotel tax)
- Additional $15 charge for river-view room
Reserve your room early! A limited number of rooms have been reserved for conference participants on a first-come, first-served basis until gone or April 1, 2014 — whichever occurs first. After April 1, 2014, rooms will be available at the prevailing regular room rates rather than discount conference rate.
Driving: From I-5 North- or Southbound: Take exit #308 (Jantzen Beach exit). The hotel is located on the east side of the freeway.
Air: Portland International Airport (PDX) is served by 14 major airlines and is just minutes from the conference site.
From Airport: Complimentary hotel transportation. Directions if driving from airport: Take Airport Way east to I-205 North toward Seattle. Take I-205 north. Take Highway 14 West to Vancouver. Take I-5 South into Oregon, and the 1st exit over the Interstate Bridge (Exit #308). Turn right and go under the bridge. Driving distance from airport is 12 miles west.