Traffic Enforcement Unit
Our Traffic Enforcement Unit was created in 1996 to supplement the highway-patrol efforts of the Oregon State Police -- providing an even more focused enforcement effort on county roadways.
While our Traffic Team enforces all traffic laws, it puts a special emphasis on violations that cause motor-vehicle accidents; violations in and around schools; and failing to stop for school buses. Other duties include:
- Assisting Patrol Deputies in completing accident reports
- Responding to citizen-reported traffic problems
- Keeping an eye on predicted "problem areas" (based on information received from crime analysis)
- Participating in special enforcement activities as a result of holidays and events where alcohol is consumed.
- Assisting other agencies with traffic-related problems
- Presenting traffic-safety programs to schools and civic groups throughout Clackamas County
Traffic Team members have completed an 80-hour basic police motorcycle operator's course, as well as a state commercial-vehicle inspection course.
Traffic Unit Links:
- Alliance for Community Traffic Safety
- Oregon Department of Transportation Safety Division
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Trip Check
- Clackamas County Traffic Safety Commission
- Oregon DMV Vehicle Code Book
Share this page
Sheriff Craig Roberts
Office: (503) 785-5000
Non-Emergency: (503) 655-8211
If this is an emergency,