Clackamas County Home | Site Navigation

Housing Assistance Programs

Clackamas County offers many different services to help people find affordable housing, stay in their homes, and protect the rights of landlords and tenants.

Housing Assistance Programs

For people experiencing homelessness Social Services offers a variety of small programs that include housing and support services to help individuals and families who wish to establish themselves in permanent housing and achieve greater self reliance.

Call 503-650-5750 for more information. Spanish speakers call 503-650-5679. 

Housing Rights and Resources Center

The Housing Rights and Resources Center (HRRC) works with tenants and landlords to protect the housing rights of our community and educate Clackamas County on housing issues.  The HRRC provides general housing information and referral regarding landlord-tenant, fair housing, and other housing-related issues. The center can assist clients in finding lower cost housing in Clackamas County and shelters in the Portland Metropolitan Area.  HRRC is also responsible for filing housing discrimination complaints with HUD.

Call 503-650-5750 for more information. Spanish speakers call 503-650-5679.

Rent Well

Rent Well is a 6-week tenant readiness training program that helps people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness find and keep housing. Each client must complete a series of 6 classes that take place once a week.  After completing all of the classes, the participant will receive a Rent Well Certificate of Completion.  This certificate can be presented to landlords upon application for tenancy to help. Rent Well is an excellent option for people with poor/no credit, past evictions, no rental history and/or criminal history.

Call 503-650-5647 for more information.

Content provided by Social Services

Similar topics: social services