- 30 miles of the Willamette River
- All of the Clackamas River (approximately 50 miles), including the North Fork Reservoir
- All of the Molalla River (approximately 50 miles)
- Approximately 10 miles of the Tualatin and Pudding Rivers
- The Sandy River above Oxbow Park and its tributaries
- Lake Oswego, Timothy, Trillium and Harriet Lakes
Enforcement, Inspection, Investigation, Search, Training
The Marine Unit also conducts boating-safety examinations, hull inspections, and criminal and accident investigations.
Click here to learn more about our hull inspections.
The Marine Unit also supports the Dive Rescue and SWIFT teams during water-related search-and-rescue operations.
Through a contract with the Oregon State Marine Board, the Marine Unit also provides a comprehensive marine-safety and law-enforcement training program for Clackamas County.
Staffing and Instruction
Marine Unit staffing includes one sergeant and three patrol deputies. All are Marine Board-certified marine-enforcement officers, medical first responders, swift-water-rescue and rope-rescue technicians, as well as members of SWIFT, the Swift Water Incident / Flood Team.
Many of our Marine deputies also instruct for the Oregon State Marine Board, teaching for the Marine Safety and Law Enforcement Academy, and on topics such as drift-boat and jet-boat operations and how to conduct boat-accident investigations.
From May through September, more Marine deputies are added to meet increased patrol obligations during the warmer months.
Share this page