The Continuum of Care (CoC) is a consortium of individuals and organizations with the common purpose of planning a housing and services continuum for people who are homeless. The CoC is not a formal advisory council to Clackamas County although it does operate with County staff support. The CoC was originated to meet the Federal HUD requirement for Continuum of Care McKinney-Vento funds to flow into Clackamas County for people who are homeless.
The fourth Wednesday of every month, the Continuum of Care meets in the Clackamas County Public Services Building, Room 255. This meeting is open to the public. For more information, contact Abby Ahern at 503-650-5663.
The CoC's mission is to facilitate the development of a continuum of care (housing + services) that provides opportunities to significantly mitigate homelessness in Clackamas County, via:
- Full utilization of mainstream resources;
- Coordination of service delivery and housing systems;
- Systemic agreements and institutional targeting of populations at high risk of homelessness;
- Creative cultivation of new resources;
- Public awareness to foster a collective sense of responsibility.
The CoC's mission is based on these principles which permeate its implementation:
- Equity of access to housing and services;
- Choice and self-determination as consistently part of the process;
- Treating people with dignity and respect, regardless of their housing status;
- Culturally competent services;
- Non-judgmental approach to people and their problems throughout the housing and service systems.
The CoC's activities are targeted to:
- Annual re-applications for funding of homeless programs and services.
- Identify and advocate for the needs of people who are homeless in Clackamas County;
- Facilitate the development of a continuum of care including housing and services for people who are homeless in Clackamas County;
- Develop short and long term plans to mitigate homelessness in Clackamas County.
- Recommend funding priorities to HUD for new and renewal projects.
The CoC submits an annual application to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) articulating the CoC's planning efforts and other activities within Clackamas County which relate to homeless people. To get a copy of this application, contact the Clackamas County Community Development Division at 503-655-8591.
Find more information about our Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), which is used to collect and report data about services provided to those experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness in Clackamas County.
FY 2016 Application Documents
- FY 2016 Consolidated Application
- FY 2016 Priority Listing
- FY 2016 Reallocation Process
- FY 2016 Priority List
- FY 2016 Ranking Process
- Steering Committee
5/12/16 minutes 6/9/16 minutes 8/11/16 minutes
FY 2015 Application Documents
- Consolidated Application
- Application Priority List
- Fiscal Year 2015 Reallocation Process
- Priority List
- Ranking Process and Selection Criteria
- Steering Committee
10/20/15 minutes 10/15/15 minutes
Steering Committee Resources
Reports on homelessness in Clackamas County:
- 2012 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR)
- Point-in-Time (PIT) Count
Share this page