The next Drive With A Cop is set for Saturday, Oct. 5, 2019!
Registration details coming soon!
Drive With A Cop pairs teens who are licensed drivers in their own cars with Clackamas County Sheriff's Office deputies who are also trained driving instructors. Teens learn about safe driving techniques as they navigate a driving course. Inside, teen drivers go through a variety of stations where they learn about the dangers of speed, impaired, and distracted driving. Participants have the opportunity to wear "impaired goggles" and also hear from speakers impacted by teen car crashes.
Drive With A Cop features
- Hands-on driving training with Clackamas County Sheriff's Office deputies.
- Speakers impacted by the loss of family members in teen driving crashes.
- Virtual Reality Technology, Impaired Goggles, and other technology aimed at teaching young people about the dangers of driving impaired and distracted.
- Crash Reconstruction presentation.
Maddi Higgins was a 17-year old who died in a teen driving crash. Maddi's mother Carrie Higgins spoke at the first Drive With A Cop, where this video was first shown.
News Stories About Past "Drive With A Cop" Events
- ‘Drive with a Cop’ Teaches Safe Driving (NACo, May. 26, 2019)
- Local teens get to 'Drive With a Cop' (Lake Oswego Review, Oct. 26, 2017)
- 'Drive with a cop' teaches young drivers safe driving (KOIN, Oct. 21, 2017)
- 'Drive with a Cop' pays tribute to teen victims (Wilsonville Spokesman, Oct. 28, 2015)
- Local mom organizes 'Drive With a Cop' after daughter's death (The Tennessean, Oct. 24, 2015)