Clackamas County Jail: Property Release Procedures

The Clackamas County Jail releases an adult in custody's property to a third party as quickly and efficiently as possible.

The adult in custody must approve and sign for the release of all requested property. The person requesting the property must come to the front lobby of the Clackamas County Jail (2206 Kaen Road, Oregon City, OR 97045 map) and request a "Property Release." Citizens wishing to receive an adult in custody's property will have to come to the Clackamas County Jail with photo ID to complete the appropriate paperwork.

The Jail employee working the front lobby area will fill out and complete a property release form with the following information:

  1. The name and booking number of the adult in custody releasing the property;
  2. the name of the person requesting the property; and
  3. the address and phone number of the person requesting the property.

Hours of Release

To facilitate feeding and other jail functions, a housed adult in custody's property can only be released between the hours of:

8 a.m. and 11 a.m.;
1 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.; and
7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

A new arrestee's property can be released at any time.

Property Release Options

Citizens receiving property have three options:

  1. Release all property except clothing.
  2. Release a cash amount from the adult in custody's account.
  3. Release jail cell property -- including excess books, photos, paperwork and commissary.

Money released from an adult in custody's account may not be deposited in another adult in custody's account.

Money released from an adult in custody's account will be issued to the citizen as a check, not cash.

The Clackamas County Jail will not accept any property over the counter for adults in custody.*

*The only exceptions are: court clothes, requested by a judge, for adults in custody attending court; glasses; medical equipment; and medically approved shoes for adults in custody.