The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office is hiring
We're looking for recruit and lateral Patrol deputies, Jail deputies, Community Corrections and support staffers who want to work at Oregon's finest law-enforcement agency. We offer good pay, fantastic benefits, and excellent training in a scenic environment, with opportunities to work on a wide range of special teams in urban, rural and wilderness environments — all in the shadow of Mt. Hood.
The Sheriff’s Office offers:
- Great pay
- Fantastic benefits
- Interesting work
- A chance to work with the best law-enforcement pros in the state
- A scenic county – from urban Portland to rural farmland to the gorgeous Mt. Hood National Forest
- Learn more about deputy career paths and Clackamas County
Are you prepared?
As an applicant, are you prepared to:
- Understand -- and then describe -- what a patrol or jail deputy’s duties include?
- Explain how your knowledge, skills and abilities make you an excellent deputy candidate?
- Answer a background investigator's questions?
- Answer a psychologist's questions?
As a new-hire recruit, are you prepared to:
- Type reports?
- Stand up in court?
- Take a faceful of pepper-spray during your training?
- Learn from the mistakes you'll make during field training?
- Interact with members of the public who may not want to see you?
Why are we asking you these tough questions? We want you to understand the job and the training -- it will increase your chance of success.
Need help applying for a position? Email us.