Deputy Sheriff Patrol (Recruit, Entry-level)
CLOSES MONDAY, OCT. 25, 2021
We’re looking for highly motivated, self-directed candidates with strong communication and interpersonal skills for Patrol Deputy, Recruit.
- Earn over $50k your first year during training, plus plus health insurance,
- County-paid retirement contributions, and more
- Earn vacation, sick leave, and personal days during training
- Receive incentive pay for possessing a bachelor’s or master’s degree with DPSST certification
Entry Level Qualifications:
- 21 years of age at time of employment
- High school diploma or GED
- Acceptable driving record
- Free from felony convictions
- Successful completion of Frontline testing (passing score is 65) by close of recruitment
Management Analyst 1 (Financial Analysis & Grants)
CLOSES MONDAY, OCT. 25, 2021 @ 11:59 p.m.
The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office is seeking a qualified Management Analyst 1 to fill a vacant, full-time position.
This position performs a variety of financial and statistical accounting and conducts analysis of a complex nature that requires the use of independent judgment and accuracy.
A Management Analyst 1:
- Works independently to complete a variety of operational and accounting functions for the Sheriff’s Office
- Has key duties including data analysis, auditing, billings, contracting and report preparation
- Audits various transactions and funds, in conjunction with other fiscal functions, to verify accuracy of records and data posted
- Will assist with responses to internal and external audits and assist with budget and grant monitoring
Deputy Sheriff, Lateral (Experienced Patrol) - Sworn
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We’re looking for experienced, highly motivated, self-directed candidates with strong communication and interpersonal skills for Deputy Sheriff.
This recruitment is open to applicants who are currently or have been certified as a basic police officer within the last five (5) years and have completed at least eighteen (18) months of law-enforcement experience as a uniformed civilian peace officer. Oregon’s Department of Public Safety Standards & Training (DPSST) maintains authority to determine acceptable lateral transfer of out of state certification to Oregon.
- Applicants not meeting these criteria will be inactivated. If you are not currently or have not been certified as a basic police officer with at least eighteen (18) months of law enforcement experience within the last five (5) years, please apply for the Deputy Sheriff, Recruit position when available.
Temporary Community Service Crew Leader (Community Corrections)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Community Corrections is seeking temporary Community Service Crew Leaders.
Community Corrections is a component of the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office and oversees all adult probation/ parole operations, as well as a residential facility, the Transition Center, Pre-trial Services and the Community Service program.
Community Service Crew Leaders (Classified as Park Maintenance Specialists) oversee crews of up to 10 non-inmate adult offenders and perform simple landscaping maintenance in a variety of public settings, exclusively outdoors, such as, but not limited to: mowing, weeding, trimming, trash removal, branch removal, etc.
Typical tasks and duties may include but are not limited to:
- Perform manual labor with crew and model good work and safety habits.
- Provide direct supervision of the crew at all times.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed at all times.
- Instruct the crew on how to properly use the hand and power tools.
- Assess and report poor performance to the program supervisor; dismiss non-performing or inappropriate clients from the crew.
- Complete paperwork documenting work completed, medical issues and any incidents that occurred.
- Secure and maintain tools for job site and ensure accurate accounting of all tools.
- Attend mandatory quarterly trainings.
Required Minimum Qualifications / Transferrable Skills:
A minimum of 2 years of experience in the techniques and practice of grounds and landscape maintenance and safety practices; use, operation, maintenance and repair of maintenance equipment and tools, including trailers, tractors, mowers, blowers, edgers, chain saws and other hand and power tools.
Must have excellent customer service skills and experience with conflict resolution.
Experience with map reading; the Clackamas County road system and local communities and parks.
Must be 18 years of age or older to be considered.
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background investigation which includes a fingerprint records check.
Must pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screening.
Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver’s license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment.
$21.53 - $27.20 hourly
This position is temporary and not seasonal. Temporary, part-time employees work less than 30 hours a week and are represented by the EAT (Employee Association Temporaries & Special Titles) union.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter (limited to one page) and a resume to Heidi Dew at email@example.com, FAX to 503-650-8942, or mail to:
Clackamas County Community Corrections
ATTN: Heidi Dew
1024 Main St
Oregon City, OR 97045
The email, fax or letter should include “ATTN: Heidi Dew” or “Community Service Crew Leader” in the subject line.