Deputy Sheriff, Lateral (Experienced Patrol) - Sworn
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We’re looking for experienced, highly motivated, self-directed candidates with strong communication and interpersonal skills for Deputy Sheriff.
This recruitment is open to applicants who are currently or have been certified as a basic police officer within the last five (5) years and have completed at least eighteen (18) months of law-enforcement experience as a uniformed civilian peace officer. Oregon’s Department of Public Safety Standards & Training (DPSST) maintains authority to determine acceptable lateral transfer of out of state certification to Oregon.
- Applicants not meeting these criteria will be inactivated. If you are not currently or have not been certified as a basic police officer with at least eighteen (18) months of law enforcement experience within the last five (5) years, please apply for the Deputy Sheriff, Recruit position when available.
Jail Deputy, Recruit (Entry-level)
CLOSES AUG. 2, 2021
The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office is seeking highly motivated, self-directed candidates with strong communication and interpersonal skills for
Jail Deputy, Recruit.
- Earn over $50k your first year during training, plus $26k in benefits
- Earn vacation, sick leave and personal days during training
- Receive incentive pay for possessing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Entry Level Qualifications:
- 21 years of age at time of employment
- High school diploma or GED
- Acceptable driving record
- Free from felony convictions
- Successful completion of REACT testing (passing score is 65) by close of recruitment