About the ELED
The Clackamas County Enhanced Law Enforcement District (ELED) was approved by voters in Nov. 1994. The ELED provides an improved level of patrol services in the unincorporated area of Clackamas County within the Metropolitan Urban Growth boundary.
The District is large and segmented, encompassing diverse communities, each presenting its own particular needs, challenges and opportunities.
Cost of the ELED (FY 2020-21)
The permanent tax rate of $0.7198 per thousand assessed value is used to assess taxes on properties lying within District boundaries.
The ELED’s projected tax revenue for FY 2020-21 was $7,555,135. This represented a $160,089 increase (or 2.16%) from the prior fiscal year’s budgeted revenue of $7,395,046. Along with the $234,926 in projected beginning fund balance, the total proposed FY 2020-21 ELED budget was $7,836,261.
Major ELED budget items (FY 2020-21)
- $6,351,579 to fund personnel costs for 36 positions – 29 Deputies, 6 Sergeants and 1 Lieutenant. This figure (an increase of 2.92% from FY 2019-20) includes salary, fringe benefits, overtime, holiday pay and worker’s compensation costs;
- $585,000 for Professional Services which constitutes the ELED’s share of cost for dispatching services provided by CCOM; and
- $181,910 in building note principal and interest for the North Station building. This is an increase of 1.70% from the prior fiscal year’s $178,870.
Upcoming ELED Advisory Committee meetings
- Thursday, May 19, 2022 [ agenda ] [ Zoom link for meeting • passcode: 577030 ]
- July 21, 2022
- Sept. 15, 2022
- Nov. 17, 2022
Meetings occur at 6:30 p.m. at 9101 SE Sunnybrook Blvd., Clackamas, OR 97015 [ map ], unless otherwise noted above due to pandemic restrictions.
The above address is a secure building. Please check in at the main lobby a few minutes prior to the meeting start time if you would like to attend a meeting.
For additional information or questions and concerns, please contact Sarah Comstock at 503-969-2690.
Past ELED Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes (PDFs):
- Nov. 21, 2019 [ agenda ]
- Sept. 19, 2019
- July 18, 2019
- January 16, 2020
- June 25, 2020
- July 16, 2020
- October 1, 2020
- Nov. 19, 2020
- Jan. 21, 2021
- March 18, 2021
- May 20, 2021 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- July 15, 2021 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- Sept. 16, 2021 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- Nov. 18, 2021 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- Jan. 20, 2022 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- March 17, 2022 [ agenda ] [ minutes coming soon ]
- May 19, 2022 [ agenda ] [ minutes coming soon ]