About the ELED
The Clackamas County Enhanced Law Enforcement District (ELED) was approved by voters in November 1994.
The ELED provides an improved level of patrol services in the unincorporated area of Clackamas County within the Metro urban growth boundary.
The ELED is large and segmented, encompassing diverse communities — each presenting its own particular needs, challenges and opportunities.
Cost of the ELED (FY 2022-23)
The permanent tax rate of $0.7198 per thousand assessed value is used to assess taxes on properties lying within District boundaries.
The ELED projected tax revenue for FY2022-23 is $8,107,422, which represents a $226,982 increase (or 2.90%) from the 2021-22 fiscal year’s budgeted tax collection revenue of $7,880,440. Additional revenue sources totaling $140,619 raise the total FY2022-23 proposed ELED operating budget to $8,248,041.
Major ELED budget items (FY 2022-23)
- $6,436,939 to fund personnel costs for 36 positions – 29 Deputies, 6 Sergeants, and 1 Lieutenant. This figure includes salary, fringe benefits, overtime, holiday pay and worker’s compensation costs;
- $347,647 for Professional Services, which constitutes the ELED’s share of the cost for dispatching services provided by C-COM; and
- $181,540 in building note principal and interest for the Bowman/North Station building.
Upcoming ELED Advisory Committee meetings
Meetings are held on Zoom and in person (unless otherwise noted).
Upcoming meeting schedule:
- Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2023 • 06:30 p.m. • Zoom link • Passcode: 639352
- Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2024 • 6:30 p.m. • Zoom link • Passcode: 639352
In-person meeting location:
9101 SE Sunnybrook Blvd.
Clackamas, OR 97015 [ map ]
The above address is a secure building. Please check in at the main lobby a few minutes prior to the meeting start time if you would like to attend a meeting.
Contact Sarah Comstock at 503-969-2690.
Past ELED Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes (PDFs):
- Jan. 21, 2021
- March 18, 2021
- May 20, 2021 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- July 15, 2021 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- Sept. 16, 2021 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- Nov. 18, 2021 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- Jan. 20, 2022 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- March 17, 2022 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- May 19, 2022 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- July 21, 2022 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- Sept. 15, 2022 [ agenda ] [ minutes ]
- Nov. 15, 2022 [ agenda ] [ meeting notes ]