The Clackamas County Sheriff's Reserve has been an invaluable part of the Sheriff's Office for over 50 years.
This volunteer organization of dedicated, trained citizens supports and assists Sheriff's Deputies in several ways -- including but not limited to:
- Assisting at the Clackamas County Jail -- including transporting custodies and arrestees
- Helping out at special events, including the Oregon International Air Show and Sandy Mountain Daze
- Attending public-school activities, including dances and football and basketball games
- Riding with and covering Deputies on uniformed patrol
- Traffic control
- Marine patrol
- Crime-scene security
Many Reserve Deputies go on to a full-time career in law enforcement. But even if you aren't considering a career, the Reserve provides an incredible chance to serve your community by training for and engaging in law enforcement on a professional basis.
- Age 21 or older
- United States citizenship
- High-school diploma (or GED equivalent)
- Driver's license
- Ability to pass an oral interview, written test and background investigation
- Ability to volunteer 240 hours per year and participate in required Reserve events.
- Ability to supply your own weapon, uniform, body armor, duty footwear, equipment belt, ammunition and miscellaneous patrol items. (Estimated cost: $2,000.) Some items are specified by the Sheriff's Office.
Reserve training includes
- 25 weeks of training at the Clackamas County Inter-Agency Police Reserve Academy, which is recognized statewide and by DPSST.
- Over 300 hours in a Field Training Evaluation Program (FTEP) with a qualified Field Training Officer (FTO).
- Training in the use of firearms typically employed by the Sheriff's Office
- Training in the Clackamas County Jail
- Quarterly in-service training sessions covering a wide variety of law-enforcement skills
For information on joining the Reserves, contact the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office at 503-785-5000.
If you believe you have the interest, the time and the energy to support your community by becoming a member of the Clackamas County Sheriff's Reserve, please complete this application and mail only to the below address:
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office
2223 Kaen Rd.
Oregon City, OR 97045
Notify the Clackamas County Sheriff's Reserve of any address and phone-number changes.