2219 Kaen Rd., Oregon City, OR 97045 [ map ]
Main phone: 503-722-6199
The Clackamas County Transition Center is the first facility of its kind in Oregon -- and a major step forward in reducing our jail population.
The Transition Center -- located in CCSO's former South Station in Oregon City -- is a new, all-in-one location providing crucial services to people leaving jail or prison and to those at risk of returning. Its goal is to break patterns and change lives.
Clients can walk out of our jail upon release, cross the parking lot, and enter the Transition Center to get access to services including:
- Employment and housing assistance
- Peer mentors
- Cognitive therapy
- Mental-health and substance-abuse assessments
- On-site health care (provider on-site 4 hours/week)
- Bi-monthly health-care enrollment
- Basic needs
- Hygiene items
- GED courses through Clackamas Community College
- Parenting classes through Northwest Family Services
Transition Center Probation Officers also conduct "reach-ins" at the Clackamas County Jail and local prisons -- completing risk assessments, developing release plans and beginning the referral process for clients before they're released.
Community partners contributing to the Transition Center include:
- Northwest Family Services
- Clackamas County Behavioral Health
- Clackamas Community College
- Clackamas Volunteers in Medicine
- Bridges to Change
- City Team
- Community Solutions Clackamas County