You might wonder what is the difference between an emergency and non-emergency.
When in doubt, always call 9-1-1
Emergency calls may include reports of:
- Any emergency where life or property is in immediate danger
- An injury requiring immediate medical attention
- A fire (not a controlled burn pile or other controlled fire)
- A crime in progress (occurred minutes ago, not hours)
- A serious traffic accident
- A violent dog has attacked a person (not just running at large)
- A driver is dangerously swerving on the road
- Someone is playing with guns
If you call to report non-emergency, you will be transferred to a pre-recorded message.
Share this page