Ownership Transfers are processed at the Department of Consumer and Business Services Building Codes Division (BCD) or through a title company. The new process changes the ownership and location of a home in the State records. Simply signing off on an ownership document or sales agreement does not transfer ownership. To download forms from the internet, please access their website.
Records in the Assessor’s office will be updated only after we receive notice from BCD that a transfer has been completed. Until the transfer is complete, our records will show the selling party as responsible for all property taxes.
Selling a Manufactured Home?
To complete the process, you will need to do the following:
- Pay all property taxes, interest and fees due, as well as an estimated tax for the current fiscal year at the time of the transfer. All tax payments must be secured with certified funds, cash or cashier’s check; no personal checks will be accepted for this process.
- Obtain a County Manufactured Home Notification and Tax Certification form. Clackamas County charges a $25.00 fee to process this form, which can be paid with cash or check. Bring or mail the form with your payment to our office at 150 Beavercreek Road in Oregon City, OR 97045. The form will be returned to you by email or mail, and must accompany any forms submitted to BCD.
- Complete a Bill of Sale /Change Application.
- Provide the current DMV title or BCD ownership document signed off by the seller(s) and any lien holder(s).
- Send all forms with payment of $55.00 for the transfer fee, check made payable to Oregon Department of Building Codes, to the address shown on the BCD forms.
You may call us at 503-655-8671 for more information or contact BCD at 503-373-1309 or on their website.
Moving a Manufactured Home?
First you will need to secure a placement permit from your local Planning Department to be sure that the manufactured structure may be sited at the new location.
To obtain a trip permit for a home moving out of Clackamas County all taxes for the current fiscal year must be paid. You will need to complete and supply our office with the County Notification and Tax Certification form for the county where the home is moving from and a obtain a form for the county the home is moving to. Clackamas County charges a $25.00 fee for this form.
Send the Notification and Tax Certification form to BCD, a Bill of Sale/Change Application form, check payment for the $55.00 transaction fee and trip permit fee (each section requires a $5.00 trip permit), payable to Oregon Department of Building codes, to the address listed on the BCD form.
In October you will receive a tax bill from the county where the manufactured home was located as of Jan. 1 that year.
Exempting a manufactured structure from ownership document
Your DMV title or Ownership Document may be eligible for the Exemption process if the ownership of your land and manufactured home are the same. This exemption means that the structure is recorded as part of the land account and is considered real property for all purposes. For more details on how to complete this process, please contact us at 503-655-8671 or BCD at 503-373-1309, or you may contact any Title Insurance company.
Demolishing a manufactured structure
When you demolish your manufactured home, you need to…
- Pay all property taxes, interest and fees currently due
- File a Notification and Tax Certification form with the Assessor’s office (there is no processing fee), and submit the current title or ownership document.
- A Clackamas County appraiser will verify the home no longer exists for the applicable tax year. We will notify BCD that the home has been demolised.
Share this page