After your discussion with the assessor's staff, if you feel the market value shown on your tax statement is too high, we encourage you to file an appeal with the Board of Property Tax Appeals (BOPTA)
- The time to file is October 21st through December 31, 2013
- Petition forms to file your appeal are available on-line at BOPTA Appeal forms
- The Clerk's phone number is 503-655-8662
Clackamas County Clerk, BOPTA
They are located at 1710 Red Soils Court, Suite 100, Oregon City.
- Application for Correction of Maximum Assessed Value Due to Error in Square Footage
- Application for Proration of Property Taxes Due to Damage by Fire or Act of God /
Application for Reassessment of Values Due to Fire or Act of God
ORS 308.425 and 308.428
- Application for Reassessment of Destroyed or Damaged Property
If you have additional questions, you may contact our office at 503-655-8671 and ask for assistance with filing an appeal.
For more appeal information from the Oregon Department of Revenue, click here... Appeal Rights: Property Tax
If you miss the above deadline, or you disagree with a prior year's value, you may file an appeal with the Magistrate Division of the Oregon Tax Court. Appeal forms may be obtained by calling Oregon Tax Court, Magistrate Division, 503-986-5650. CERTAIN STANDARDS MUST BE MET TO HAVE APPEALS TO THE MAGISTRATE HEARD. All appeal forms are available in the Assessor's Office or download an Information Circular from the State about the appeals process.
Share this page