After your discussion with the Assessor's staff, if you feel the market value shown on your tax statement is too high, we encourage you to file an appeal with the Board of Property Tax Appeals (BOPTA).
- The time to file is Oct. 24 through January 3, 2017
- Petition forms to file your appeal are available on-line at BOPTA Appeal forms
- The Clerk's phone number is 503-655-8662
Clackamas County Clerk, BOPTA
They are located at 1710 Red Soils Court, Suite 100, Oregon City.
- Application for Correction of Maximum Assessed Value
- Application for Proration of Property Taxes Due to Damage by Fire or Act of God
- Application for Reassessment of Destroyed or Damaged Property
Contact our office at 503-655-8671 if you have questions about your value.
Contact the Clackamas County Clerk at 503-655-8662 for petition guidelines and to see a petition filing check list for filing your appeal.
If you miss the above deadline, or you disagree with a prior year's value, you may file an appeal with the Magistrate Division of the Oregon Tax Court. Appeal forms may be obtained by calling Oregon Tax Court, Magistrate Division, 503-986-5650. Certain standards must be met to have appeals to the magistrate heard. All appeal forms are available in the Assessor's Office or you can download an Information Circular from the State about the appeals process.
Share this page