Services Departments Government

Home Repair Loans and Home Access Grants

Home repair loans help low-income homeowners pay for needed and critical repairs. Our goal is to eliminate unhealthy or hazardous conditions, eiminate barriers to accessibility, improve safety for persons with physical disabilities and incorporate energy conservation measures that reduce energy costs and usage.

We provide loans to low-income homeowners for needed and critical home repairs and small grants to low-income persons with disabilities to make their homes more accessible.

Home Repair Program fact sheet.

Loans and grants currently available and income limits are listed below.

Fill out an inquiry to find out if you are eligible!

Home Repair Loans: For low-income homeowners.

Home Access Grants: For low-income persons with physical disabilities to improve access and safety. (Some renters may not be eligible.)

If you have other quesitons, email us or call 503-655-8591.

Information for Contractors!

Home access grant

Low-income homeowners (and eligible renters) with physical disabilities may be eligible for a grant up to $5,000 to cover the cost of improving access and safety. Examples of eligible improvements: wheelchair ramps, handrails and widened doorways, kitchen or bathroom accessibility improvements such as roll-in showers, raised toilets and grab bars. (For renters in apartments, at least 51 percent of the units in the structure must be occupied by low-income households.)

Home repair loans

max. loan
Single Purpose
Health or safety item only.
Examples: water/well, septic/sewer, roof or heat. Primary heat source only -- woodstoves & pellet stoves are considered a secondary heat source. (No equity required.)
Exterior Repairs
Examples: Roof/Gutters, Paint, Weatherization, Windows/Doors, Foundation. (Credit and equity requirements apply.)
Complete Repairs
Complete home repairs must meet Community Development rehab standards.

Basic loan requirements

Home must be located in Clackamas County and must be in need of repair

Deferred Payment Loan (DPL) terms

Low 3% per year simple interest. Payments are deferred -- no monthly payments.

Deferred as long as homeowner lives in home, or until sold, title transferred, refinance, or change of use.

Loans are secured by lien on property.

Current annual gross income limits effective June 1, 2018

The household's annual gross income must be less than 80% of the County's median income. The current limits that apply to loans and grants are shown below.

Household SizeAnnual Gross Income (maximum)
1 $45,600
2 52,100
3 58,600
4 65,100
5 70,350
6 75,550
7 80,750
8 85,950

Other information


We are currently soliciting for contractors who may be interested in bidding on projects in the Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program. Contractors on our list must be licensed, bonded and registered with the State of Oregon Construction Contractors Board and have experience in housing rehabilitation.

We do not recommend or endorse any contractors. Contractors on the HUD debarred list are not eligible to apply.

If you are interested in working with our program, please complete the contractor information application and return to our office. Please include copies of your CCB registration, insurance certificates and certifications of specific trades, including asbestos or lead-based paint.

Applications and supporting documents may be mailed to: Clackamas County Community Development, 2051 Kaen Rd., STE 245, Oregon City, Oregon 97045; Faxed to 503-655-8563; or emailed.

If you have any questions or need additional information, you may call County Rehab Specialists, Jayson Tidland or Mike Woolman at 503-655-8591.

Share this page

Public Services Building

Community Development

Phone number 503-655-8591
Coordinated Housing Access (CHA)
Address 2051 Kaen Road
Oregon City, OR 97045