Payment Plan Policy
Fines are due and payable in full upon conviction. Under special circumstances and with the Judge’s approval, fines may be paid in installments. The term “fines” refers to any court monetary obligation, including fines, fees, costs and assessments. Installment payment options are as follows:
- Pay the fine in monthly payments of $50.00 or more. A $50.00 administrative fee will be added to the fine. A collection fee will be added but waived if payments are made as agreed.
A payment plan agreement must be signed. Only the Judge may allow a lower monthly payment. Requests for payment plan changes shall be in writing and will be reviewed by the Judge.
The Court shall impose a statutory collection fee of 25% of the total judgment up to $250.00 for any individual choosing to make monthly payments. The collection fee is in addition to any other cost or charge that may be imposed. The collection fee shall be waived if payments are made as agreed.
Failure to make a payment by the due date will result in the remaining balance of the fine becoming immediately due and payable, and additional sanctions:
- Suspension of driving privileges for traffic offenses. (It is your responsibility to notify the court when you are eligible for reinstatement of your driving privileges.)
- Revocation of angling or hunting license, tag or permit for angling or hunting offenses.
- Imposition of the collection fee.
- Referral of the debt to a collection agency or the Department of Revenue.
The following fees for court action shall be added to the outstanding balance of fines:
Driver’s License Reinstatement Fee $15.00 NSF Check $25.00
Any unsatisfied judgment may be reported to a credit reporting agency. A judgment remains unsatisfied until all fines, fees, costs and assessments are paid in full.
If a judgment is assigned for collection, the Court shall take no action to reinstate a suspended or revoked license until the assigned judgment is paid in full. It is your responsibility to notify the court when you are eligible for reinstatement of your driving privileges.
PAY TO: CLACKAMAS COUNTY
- Pay in person Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Pay online www.clackamas.us/justice
- Pay by credit/debit card in person or by telephone (We do not accept calls on Tuesdays).
- Pay by mail with check or money order (DO NOT MAIL CASH).
* PLEASE NOTE *
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A MONTHLY BILLING STATEMENT.
YOUR PAYMENT DUE DATES ARE LISTED ON YOUR PAYMENT PLAN CONTRACT.