The term "food handler" means those persons involved in the preparation or service of food in a restaurant or food service facility licensed under ORS 624.020 or 624.320. This includes, but is not limited to, cooks, wait staff, dishwashers, bartenders, or bus persons.
Food Handler Card Information
- Valid throughout all counties in Oregon
- Valid for 3 years
- Food handler cards issued from other states are not valid in Oregon
- A valid, non-expired Food Manager Certificate is an accepted alternative
Testing & Cost
- Online: Oregon Food Handlers
- $10 after test is passed
- Replacement card: Print for free
- In Person: Monday through Thursday 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- $5.00 per test
- $5.00 when you pass to receive your card
- Replacement card: $5.00 (if card was received at our facility)
Food Safety – Food Handler Manual
Food handler’s manuals are also available in our office.
In Oregon, the food manager certification isn’t required by law.
- For Clackamas County contact SafeServ Certification Course or call 1-800-462-0619
- List of all valid Food Manager Training Courses in Oregon
- Satisfies the “Demonstration of Knowledge” and “Person in Charge” requirements of the Oregon Food Code.
- Satisfies the Food Handler Certification.
- Valid for 5 years.
Share this page