The term "food handler" means those persons involved in the preparation or service of food in a restaurant or food service facility licensed under ORS 624.020 or 624.320. This includes, but is not limited to, cooks, wait staff, dishwashers, bartenders, or bus persons.
Food Handler Card Information
- Valid throughout all counties in Oregon
- Valid for 3 years
- Food handler cards issued from other states are not valid in Oregon
- A valid, non-expired Food Manager Certificate is an accepted alternative
Testing & Cost
- Online: Oregon Food Handlers
- $10 after test is passed
- Replacement card: Print for free
- In Person: Monday through Thursday 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- $5.00 per test
- $5.00 when you pass to receive your card
- Replacement card: $5.00 (if card was received at our facility)
Food Safety – Food Handler Manual
Food Handler Manuals are available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Russian and Korean. They are also available in English or Spanish in our office.
In Oregon, the food manager certification isn’t required by law.
- For Clackamas County contact SafeServ Certification Course or call 1-800-462-0619
- List of all valid Food Manager Training Courses in Oregon
- Satisfies the “Demonstration of Knowledge” and “Person in Charge” requirements of the Oregon Food Code
- Satisfies the Food Handler Certification
- Valid for 5 years
Share this page