Ownership Transfers are processed by the State Department of Consumer and Business Services Building Codes Division (BCD) or through a title company. The new process changes the ownership and location of a home in the State records. Simply signing off on an ownership document or sales agreement does not transfer ownership. Download forms from their website.
Records in the Assessor's office will be updated only after we receive notice from BCD that a transfer has been completed. Until the transfer is complete, our records will show the selling party as responsible for all property taxes.
To complete the process, you will need to do the following:
- Pay all property taxes, interest and fees due, as well as an estimated tax for the current fiscal year at the time of the transfer. All tax payments must be secured with certified funds, cash or cashier's check — no personal checks will be accepted for this process.
- Obtain a County Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes from the BCD website or from our office. The Assessor's Office will confirm that the taxes are paid in full and issue a Clackamas County tax certification. There is a $25 fee to process this form, which can be paid with cash or check. Bring or mail the form with your payment to our office at 150 Beavercreek Road in Oregon City, OR 97045. The form will be returned to you over the counter, by email or mail, and must accompany any forms submitted to BCD.
- Provide the current DMV title or BCD ownership document signed off by the seller(s) and any lien holder(s).
- Send all forms with payment of $55 (check or Visa made payable to Oregon Department of Building Codes) for the transfer fee to the address shown on the BCD forms.
You may call us at 503-655-8671 for more information or contact BCD at 503-378-4530 or 503-373-1249 or on their website.53001
First, you will need to secure a placement permit from your local Planning Department to be sure that the manufactured structure may be sited at the new location.
To obtain a trip permit for a home moving out of Clackamas County, all taxes for the current fiscal year must be paid. You will need to complete and supply our office with the County Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes from the BCD website or available in our office. You will need a county Tax Certification form for the county where the home is moving from and obtain a form for the county the home is moving to. Clackamas County charges a $25 fee for this form.
Send the Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes form and County Tax Certification, along with a payment for the $55 transaction fee and trip permit fee (each section requires a $5 trip permit), payable to Oregon Department of Building codes, to the address listed on the BCD form.
In October, you will receive a tax bill from the county where the manufactured home was located as of January 1 that year.53001
Your DMV title or Ownership Document may be eligible for the exemption process if the ownership of your land and manufactured home are the same. This exemption means that the structure is recorded as part of the land account and is considered real property for all purposes. For more details on how to complete this process, please contact us at 503-655-8671 or BCD at 503-378-4530 or 503-373-1249. You may also contact any Title Insurance company.53001
When you demolish your manufactured home, you need to
- Pay all property taxes, interest and fees currently due.
- File a Manufactured Home Ownership Document Application for New and Used Homes form with the Assessor's office (there is no processing fee) and submit the current title or ownership document. BCD will be notified once the home has been confirmed gone.
- One of our appraisers will verify the home no longer exists for the applicable tax year. We will notify BCD that the home has been demolished.