Curious about how and why your property values fluctuate? We invite you to watch a short video that was created to help answer some of your questions!
We administer state property tax laws, including appraisal, assessment, tax collection, and mapping services to property taxpayers and taxing districts.
Property tax payment drop box
For after-hours customer convenience, we have a payment drop box located to the left of the Development Services Building entrance.
Your cancelled check is your receipt.
Pursuing the highest standards in customer service
Our staff has a strong commitment toward providing high quality public service to the citizens of Clackamas County. We provide additional service during our regular schedule of Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the following ways:
- You can email your questions anytime, and we will respond by the next business day.
- When you call our office during business hours at 503-655-8671, a staff member will answer your call and direct you to the appropriate person to assist with your questions. During busy times you may be asked to leave a message. If this happens, we will call you back the same day.
- If you call after hours and leave a voicemail, we will return your call the next business day.
- We move additional staff such as cashiers, clerical support, and appraisers during busy tax times to the front counters in order to provide you with a quick and efficient visit to our office.
- Our staff provides Town Hall Meetings in various communities throughout the county after mailing tax statements where citizens can come to ask questions and learn about the property tax system.