Paul Savas was elected to the Clackamas County Commission in November 2010.
- Effectively and efficiently use taxpayer dollars to deliver vital services and leverage private sector investment that leads to job creation
- Promote fiscal responsibility with decision-making that ensures future stability, protects investments in infrastructure and limits debt
- Promote a high quality of life through holistic land use and transportation planning, creating competitive business environments
- Maintaining strong stewardship of our natural resources, and supporting engaged communities
- Build trust between government and the community with public involvement policies based on transparency and genuine public process
Committees and membership
- Regional Toll Advisory Committee (Member)
- Clackamas County Coordinating Committee (C4), Co-Chair
- Joint Policy Advisory Committee on Transportation (JPACT) Member
- Region 1 ODOT Area Commission on Transportation (R1ACT) Vice Chair
- County Advisory Boards and Committees as Determined
- Association of Oregon Counties (AOC) Transportation Committee, Member
- National Association of Counties (NACo) Transportation Steering Committee Member
- Clackamas County Business Alliance (CCBA) Member
Paul has been involved in local government and civic organizations for years, and brings experience as the owner of a small business in Clackamas County for over 25 years. With that background, Paul saw first-hand the ability of local government to affect the daily lives of residents and business owners. As a resident of an unincorporated area of Clackamas County, he was concerned with a lack of effective public process for land use applications. That led to his involvement in several local governing boards and committees, where he used his personal experiences to ensure effective public engagement and decision making for all community members.