Free garden seeds through Seeds for Sharing
Need a way to practice social distancing while maintaining the health of your body, your family, and your planet? Garden! The Oak Lodge and Gladstone Public Libraries' Seeds for Sharing Seed Libraries are here for you with free seeds to 'check out'! Please note that the seeds available at each library may differ. You may check seeds out from both libraries, but you will have to visit both libraries to do so. Here's how to participate:
- Review the seed catalogs (see below) to choose the varieties you'd like to plant (while supplies last):
- Visit the seed library at one (or both) of our libraries, place your seeds into envelopes, and take to the circulation desk for check out.
- Gladstone Public Library: 135 E Dartmouth St., Gladstone OR 97027
- Oak Lodge Public Library: 16201 SE McLoughlin Blvd., Oak Grove OR 97267
- Remember one seed = one plant; take only what you’ll plant so there are enough seeds for your neighbors.
- Consider saving seeds from your best plants to donate back to the Seeds for Sharing program; this will help ensure quality seed is available next year. Visit and follow the Seeds for Sharing Seed Garden & Library Facebook page for instructions, updates and inspiration! Another great resource is Adaptive Seeds' Seed Saving Guide Archives -The Seed Ambassadors Project.
This program is open to anyone eligible for a LINCC library card (residents of Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington, and Hood River County Library Districts in Oregon; and Camas, or the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District in Washington). While it is preferred, no LINCC library card number is required. Staff may need to limit your order to six varieties per pickup. Seeds available while supplies last.