Serving our community with books, movies, research material and educational events
Library Programs and Meetings
CLOSED Thursday, July 4, 2019 for Independence Day
Summer Reading Challenge 2019 “A Universe of Stories”: All ages can sign up all month long!!
For complete calendars, go to the Full Library Calendar.
Members with current library cards can reserve a lot more than books. Reserve community rooms for meetings as well as a limited number of free passes to cultural points of interest throughout the county.
The Oak Lodge Library has a meeting room that groups can reserve for non-commercial purposes at no charge.
There is one pass per venue available for many local venues such as the Pittock Mansion and The World of Speed Museum, etc.
Support The Library
Revised June 9, 2015
The Internet, as an information resource, enables the library to provide access to information beyond the confines of its own collection. It allows access to ideas, information and commentary from around the globe. However, the Internet is an unregulated medium. As such, it offers access to material that is personally, professionally, and culturally enriching to individuals of all ages. It also enables access to some material that may be offensive, disturbing and/or illegal.
The library upholds and affirms the right of each individual to have access to constitutionally protected material. The library also affirms the right and responsibility of parents to determine and monitor their children's use of library materials and resources. The library cannot control or monitor material that may be accessible from Internet sources. Parents are encouraged to work closely with their children in selecting material and Internet sites that are consistent with personal and family values and boundaries. Children are encouraged to talk with their parents about using the Internet.
Computer & Internet Rules and Procedures
- The Internet station(s) will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There may be 15 and 60 minute stations. Users may sign-up for only one session at a time and may not sign-up for additional time until they have completed their session.
- Users can have no more than 2 hours per day per person.
- Misuse of the computer will result in the loss of computer privileges.
Users may not:
- Alter or damage software, change configurations or settings, or attempt unauthorized entry into any computer system.
- Install any software or damage any library equipment.
- Send harassing messages, or harass others.
- Violate copyright laws or software licensing agreements.
- Violate other users' right to privacy or interfere with others' accessing and viewing material.
- Engage in any activity which is disruptive to other library users.
- Violate Federal, State, or local laws or regulations.
- Display any picture, or image of a person, or portion of a human body that depicts nudity, sexual conduct or other image prohibited by ORS 167.080. Our terminals are visible to minors.