Comprising one sergeant and seven detectives, the Child Abuse Team (CAT) is the only law-enforcement team in Clackamas County dedicated solely to keeping children safe.
Specially trained CAT investigators handle cases involving all persons under the age of 18 and who are victims of criminal activity. This includes sexual abuse, physical abuse and neglect, and computer-related crimes involving children.
CAT investigations are a collaborative effort between the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office and members of the Clackamas County Multi-Disciplinary Team, which includes:
- Clackamas County District Attorney's Office (CCDA)
- Children's Center
- Clackamas County Behavioral Health (CCMH)
- Clackamas County Victim Assistance Program (CCVAP)
- Oregon Department of Human Services
- Clackamas County Juvenile Department (CCJD)
- All law-enforcement agencies within Clackamas County
- School districts within Clackamas County
Report child abuse immediately:
- Clackamas County Dispatch: 503-655-8211