The Detectives Division provides investigative support for the Patrol Division.
Personnel assigned to Detectives possess special skills in interviewing, crime scene investigations, warrant preparation, evidence collection and preservation, constitutional issues (including search and seizure and Miranda warnings), and interpersonal relations.
The Detectives Division is divided into the following units:
- CAT (Child Abuse Team)
- CFU (Computer Forensics Unit)
- Clackamas County Inter-agency Task Force (CCITF)
- CSI (Crime Scene Investigation)
- DVERT (Domestic Violence Enhanced Response Team)
- Forensic Image Specialist
- INTERCEPT (Inter-agency Child Exploitation Prevention Team)
- Homicide and Violent Crimes Unit (HVCU)
- Property Crimes Unit