- We accept Visa or MasterCard for electronic permits.
- The State of Oregon credits payments to the County when the permit in question is under our jurisdiction.
The receipt you get from the state e-permitting system is your authority to begin work. However, you must transfer your information to the county permit system so the work can be tracked and inspections scheduled.
If you file for a permit during the business day, we will make every effort to send you a county permit that day. If you apply for a permit outside of normal business hours, we will process your permit the next business day.
Please include your fax number in your application. We will mail permits that do not contain a fax number.
We cannot schedule inspections until we have issued the permit. To schedule an inspection, contact our Automated Inspection Request System at (503) 742-4720. This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Once we process your application, we will accept refund requests within 180 days of the date of issuance. The permit applicant must submit a written request to our office for a refund. Our mailing address is:
Building Codes Division
Clackamas County Department of Transportation & Development
150 Beavercreek Rd.
Oregon City, OR 97045
You may also fax requests to (503) 742-4741.
We will not issue a refund if work has been done or inspections made under the authority of the permit.
Our office will fully refund any fee that we erroneously paid or collected.
For other refunds, the maximum refund is 80% of the permit fee.
- State surcharges are not included in the calculation and are not refunded.
- We will keep at least $25 of the permit fee to cover handling cost, regardless of the percentage calculation.
- Regular customers may be able to transfer permit credits from old permits to new applications. Please contact the office at (503) 742-4400 if that is your choice.
Share this page