Services Departments Government

Building Permit Process for Residential One- and Two-Family Dwellings and Accessory Structures

In order to provide a timely but comprehensive code compliance review, complete construction plans and specifications are needed. Incomplete plans and specifications delay permit processing. Please see One- and Two-Family Dwelling Building Permit Application Checklist for a list of requirements.

Public Service Representatives review submittal plans for completeness at the time of permit application. A Building Department Public Service Representative will complete a Residential Plan Submittal Checklist for the permit applicant.

See also Commonly Asked Question about Obtaining Permits on the web site of the Oregon Department of Consumer & Business Services.

What Are the Minimum Requirements for a Buildable Lot?

What is the Procedure for Plan Submittal?

Who Looks at Permit Applications and Why?

Planning Division

Soils Division

Sewer District

Building Codes Division

Driveways-Engineering Division

Erosion Control

Completing the Review Process

How to Check on the Progress of a Permit Application:

Contact a Permit Specialist
Between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.,
Monday through Friday

Clackamas County
Department of Transportation & Development
150 Beavercreek Road
Oregon City OR 97045
Phone: (503) 742-4400

Share this page

Development Services Building

Contact Us

Development Services Building
150 Beavercreek Rd.
Oregon City, OR 97045

(503) 742-4240
Fax: (503) 742-4741

M–F 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Inspections: M–F

Inspection Request Line
(503) 742-4720

Soils/Septic Questions
(503) 742-4740

Email Us