Clackamas County Home | Site Navigation

Social Services

The Social Services Division provides assistance to seniors, people with disabilities, veterans, and low-income residents of Clackamas County.

Social services main page cover image



2051 Kaen Road

Oregon City OR 97045


Fax 503-650-5722

Social Services is dedicated to helping people in need live with self-reliance and independence, and offers many opportunities for all county residents to be socially engaged.    For seniors and people with disabilities, low income residents and veterans, we offer many programs that help support our community and provide people with the information and resources they need to be healthy and safe.

Social Services is a Division of the Health, Housing, and Human Services (H3S) Department.  Its director is Brenda Durbin.

If you have a question or would like to request more information, please contact: The Clackamas Resource Connection at 503 650-5622.

Our services

I need...

basic needs buttonsenior services buttondisabilities buttondevelopmental disabilities buttonveterans services button

Other programs

Clackamas Resource Connection (CRC)

The CRC is one number you can call to get expert help planning for long term aging or disability care for seniors and people with disabilities. If you need help caring for yourself or someone else, give us a call.  We can help you understand your options and connect you to programs and resources to make sure you and your loved ones get the care and support you need.

Volunteer Connection

The Volunteer Connection is Clackamas County's focal point for volunteer engagement.  The Volunteer Connection fosters volunteer-driven social service solutions through partnership with public, private, faith based and non-profit agencies.  The Volunteer Connection also operates several programs that rely on volunteers, including volunteer transportation, Medicare benefits counseling, playgroups, and many more.

engAGE in Community

engAGE in Community is a community based project that seeks to make Clackamas more age-friendly. In partnership with OSU Extension Service and AARP Oregon, engAGE in Community seeks to affect community change by exploring aging issues, and by increasing and improving resources that will establish Clackamas County as an age-friendly place,a place for all ages.

Community Boards and Advisory Committees

The Social Services Division works directly with a variety of community boards and advisory committees to serve our community and advocate on behalf of Clackamas County Residents.


Dial 2-1-1 to reach the information specialists at 211info. They can tell you where to find a food box, apply for SNAP (food stamps),or find a lower cost medical clinic. Get connected to the non-profit and public services you need.

Housing Rights and Resources Center (HRRC)

The HRRC is a resource center that helps Clackamas County residents protect their rights as landlords, tenants and homeowners.  HRRC can also connect you with information on shelters and low cost housing.

Housing Assistance Programs

Clackamas County offers many different services to help people find affordable housing, stay in their homes, and protect the rights of landlords and tenants.

Clackamas Gatekeeper Program

The Gatekeeper Program is an outreach program designed to help at-risk older adults and persons with disabilities learn about resources and supports that can help them stay as independent and healthy as possible. This may include medical care, food assistance or delivery; help with money management, transportation, or other services.

Mt. Hood Express

The Federal Lands Access Program has awarded $476,000 in new grant funding for expanded transit service to Clackamas County, the Mt. Hood National Forest, and the City of Sandy.  The funding will help to expand the Mountain Express bus service to Government Camp, Timberline Lodge and other locations on Mt. Hood, as well as Sandy Area Metro (SAM) bus service. An earlier grant awarded by the Federal Transit Administration will purchase new buses and other equipment.

Social Services of Clackamas County (SSofCC)

Social Services of Clackamas County is an independent non-profit organization that supports the Social Services Division and assists low income Clackamas County residents. Social Services of Clackamas County is entirely staffed by volunteers that work to help fund programs and support volunteers.

Public Notices

Client discrimination policy

Citizen consumer grievance process

Consumer complaint form

Content provided by Social Services

Similar topics: social services