Project is in design phase.
Updated: July 11, 2022
Happy Valley has been developing at a rapid pace. Developing the infrastructure along 172nd Ave is a high priority for the city. 172nd Ave will be widened to five travel lanes between Misty Dr to Maple Hill Ln with added bike lanes, landscape strips and sidewalks.
Improvements at major intersections include adding a traffic signal at Troge Road, a multi-lane roundabout at Hemrich Road, a multi-lane roundabout at the future 190th Ave intersection, and expanding the single-lane roundabout at Scouters Mountain Road to a multi-lane roundabout. Includes right-of-way acquisitions, moving existing utilities underground, and adding street lighting.
The City of Happy Valley will be assisting in project coordination and review. The county will manage and lead the design and construction activities.
To reduce congestion relief, improve safety, provide safe routes and connectivity for bicyclists and pedestrians and to keep pace with future growth of Happy Valley.
- Design: present to Spring 2026
- Right of way: Summer 2023 to Winter 2025
- Construction: Summer 2026 to Summer 2028
- Project planning and solicitation of design services.
- Expect delays on roadway for vehicles and bicycles during construction.
- Project estimate is $53.3 million
- Funding is provided from City of Happy Valley Funds and city/county Transportation System Development Charge Joint District Funds.