Permit Fees and Forms
We know that streetlights are an important factor in citizen safety for a variety of reasons from increasing visibility on the road and walkways to reducing crime.
Motor Carrier Safety
The Motor Carrier Safety Program is committed to enhancing the safe and efficient movement of commercial motor vehicles to support a safe travel network and a productive economy.
More information about the various project we manage from planning to construction and completion.
Traffic & Road Safety
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some to common questions we receive concerning roads and road safety.
- Contact the County Sheriff’s Office to request speed enforcement on your street. They have an online traffic complaint form.
- Learn about the county’s Radar Speed Signs program.
- Grab a yard sign: Join the Drive to Zero efforts to slow speeds down on our county’s roads by placing a road sign in your front yard. Every household in Clackamas County is eligible to pick up one yard sign from the main offices of the Department of Transportation and Development at 150 Beavercreek Road. Come up to the third floor and ask at the front desk.
- If you are interested in exploring the installation of speedbumps on local, paved non-arterial roads, submit a request through our Road Concerns Form.
The county has committed to a broad-based effort we call Drive to Zero that seeks to reduce serious injury and fatal crashes on our county’s roads. If you and your neighbors are interested in exploring how neighborhood-based engagement activities can help, please contact our Transportation Safety Outreach Coordinator, Rob Sadowsky, at email@example.com or at 503-742-4776. Rob is available to attend neighborhood meetings to discuss localized strategies.56916
Typically, the county will post No Parking signs for one of the following reasons:
- The Fire District has indicated that on-street parking interferes with the ability of fire apparatus to reach a location in an emergency or;
- One hundred percent of residents have signed a petition indicating their support for restricting parking.